Welcome to My Panic Room

I woke up to a large gasp for air and a frightened look on everyone around me's faces as I was sat on the bed of Steve, Wanda's and my hotel room.

  "What was that?"

  "I wasn't trying to see her worst fear, but it was her thoughts, it was-"

  "Terrible," Clint cut in as Steve looked into my eyes as I saw everyone else's brimming with tears.

  "What happened," I asked as I rubbed my head.

  "Wanda was trying to see if you were okay and your thoughts projected out of your head, it was like-"

  "A panic room," Bucky finished as he walked closer to me for the first time since we met.

  "I thought that was just a metaphor."

  "No, it's a room in every Hydra base, it was created by Zola and it shows you your worst fears, but you can't leave the room. It locks from the outside so they lock you in," I explained as Bucky looked into my eyes, worry filling his.

  "Everything you ever thought could be a fear becomes real, and it hurts to live afterward, that's how I feel right now, it hurts, it always hurts," I sobbed, finally letting them see my true emotions.

  "I feel like I'm drowning and I'm too deep to even take a breath because I can't breathe, I can't do this anymore I can't," I sobbed as Steve and Clint walked closer, wanting to comfort me.

  "No, just leave me alone," I half yelled as Steve put a hand on my shoulder as he immediately pulled away as I saw the sparks coming off his hand.

  "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

  " Alice it's okay, I'm fine," he said as I jumped from the bed, running outside and calling Tony.

  "My powers are out of control, I need to go home, Tony."

  "Look who's calling me after telling me I was wrong," he retorted as I hung up. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath as I opened them up again, blue sparks running through my fingers as I jumped up as high as I could and ran across all the roofs of buildings around until I was back in that same forest. I looked around again as I saw a door with the Hydra symbol on it. I decided I should check it out, but I had to be careful seeing as I didn't have my coms, and a bunker wouldn't have a phone signal.

  "There's nobody in here," I said to myself after searching the bunker for an hour. It didn't seem like it had been abandoned for long though, there was no dust or webs of any kind.

  "It can't possibly be completely abandoned, there's monitors on," I said to myself yet again as I walked towards the lightened monitors, looking through what files I could find. I looked through until one certain one caught my mind. I clicked on it, and took a deep gasp, pulling out my phone as I took pictures of everything on the file.

  "It's all about me, my blood type, my GPA, my SAT scores and past records both medical and well everything else," I said into the recording as I walked to a steel door, one I felt would have something important behind it. As soon as I walked in the door slammed shut on it's own. As I putt my hand on the door the room came to life.

  "Shit, just when I thought this day couldn't get worse," I said loudly as my fears came to reality. Tony was standing in front of me as I tried to cover my ears.

  "You're the reason all of this happened, you disappointed us once who's to say one of these days our death will be because of you," he yelled as tears streamed down my face. I covered my ears and curled into the corner as I sobbed for hours until I heard familiar voices yelling.

  "She's got to be in here, there's nowhere else around."

  "Alice," Clint's voice echoed as I was too scared to even speak, and that was when the entire room started filling with a blue mist as I started coughing while everything started to feel different. Everything around me felt more real as all of my senses heightened, and I felt myself slipping into a deep feeling of control as my entire body began to glow with the same light blue of the smoke as I saw the electricity flowing through my veins and my heart was beating in my ears.

  "Alice!"

  "She's in here, but if I didn't know any better I'd say it's a panic room," Bucky's voice sounded as I looked up, my eyes finally opening as I looked around. Everyone I knew and loved dead, their bodies mangled and tied up, blood splattered in crimson pools on the floor as I dropped to my knees. I crawled over to Peter's body, bruises and blood covering it as I checked for a pulse to no avail. 

  "Wake up, someone, please wake up," I sobbed as it echoed through the space as a hand landed on my shoulder and I turned to see Steve with a scowl, looking over the bodies before looking into my eyes.

  "You did this, you killed us all and all you had to do to save us was make a small sacrifice," he said as I shoved off his chest before tripping backwards as everything disappeared and I looked up to see Steve, Clint, Sam, Bucky and Wanda standing above me as I scrambled to my feet, holding in the sobs as Wanda pulled me close into a tight hug as she knelt down as I sobbed into her shoulder.

  "Shhh, you're safe now, we're here and nothing bad can happen to you so long as we are alive," She cooed as she looked up at Steve as he replaced her, picking me up bridal style as he carried me to a different building than the hotel.

  "What is this place" I asked as we all walked up to a small blue house.

  "This is where all of us will be staying until all of this is over," he sighed as we all walked inside. He sent me straight to one of the bedrooms, trying to get me to get some rest, and I finally fell into a deep sleep.