High School

"So I was thinking," Peter said as I shut my locker, Peter, Eli, Sam, Noh, Ava, Jessica, Frigga, Loki and I all walking together as Peter smiled, our first day back to a somewhat normal year of high school and I felt excited.

  "Gender neutral baby room colors," he smiled as he held my hand.

  "Yellow's pretty," Frigga said as I thought about it.

  "Too bright though isn't it?"

  "Not a subtle shade, or green," Jessica said as Peter and I both looked at her.

  "No," we said in unison as they all laughed.

  "What about a teal color, it's pretty, gender neutral and it's almost both our colors," I suggested as Peter nodded.

  "Sounds pretty," Ava said as I smiled.

  "I could go along with that," Peter smirked as I smiled at him, kissing his cheek.

  "Everybody knows the plan right," I asked as everyone nodded.

  "Be outside no later than 3:10 and we'll all go back to the compound in the van, yes we know," Sam said as I looked at him.

  "Right, and make sure everyone's out, we have field training today," I said as they all sighed, making Peter and I laugh as we separated, Peter and I walking to Calculus and taking seats in the back.

  "Okay, so I've given a lot of thought into this question, but is there any possible way I can be a superhero too," Flash asked as Peter and I turned away from each other to look at him.

  "Flash you actually have to be kind, train hard and save people, empathy and patience aren't something you can just get overnight," I said as he looked at me sadly.

  "You two somehow got your powers, and I want to figure out how...I want to be  like you," he said as I looked over at Peter.

  "I was born into one of the six original Avengers families...it was a right place right time thing with my powers and it's dangerous, I've almost died too many times to count....it's not for everyone," I said as he went to say something as the teacher walked in, starting the class.

  "Miss Stacy can I speak to you a moment," Mr. Jefferson asked as I nodded to Peter.

  "I'll meet you in bio," I said as he nodded, walking out as I walked to the front.

  "I'm aware of the fact that you're Spidergirl, but hopefully your track record with leaving school changes this year...you're a bright girl Gwen, use it," he said as I looked into his green eyes.

  "I'll do my personal best," I said as he clapped his hands together, the bell to get to the next class ringing as students for the next period flooded in, walking out as I sat in my chair in AP Biology.

  "Hey, what happened," Peter asked as I looked over at him.

  "Something about our teacher...it's like I know him from somewhere but I can't put my finger on it," I said as he looked at me curiously.

  "If you have a feeling it's usually right, we'll figure it out," he smiled as I nodded, opening my textbook to the page on the board.

  "Did anyone else feel like they knew Mr. Jefferson from somewhere or just me," Eli asked as I nodded.

  "I thought it was just me," Ava admitted as I looked around the group.

  "Everybody in the van...we're heading home," I sighed as we all headed outside, driving right to the compound, which was quite a ways away, but totally worth it for school.

  "Everyone take a pair," I said after we changed from our school clothes to our suits as I held multiple pairs of black ballet slippers.

  "What, even us," Sam asked as he gestured to the boys, Peter coming up with Loki to take a pair as he sighed.

  "They won't fit us all," Kamala said as I smirked, the shoes adjusting when they went on their feet.

  "Vibranium and Nano-tech, Shuri and my's best work yet it I do say so myself," I said as they all looked at the ribbons.

  "I'll show you," I sighed as I pulled my laces up, tying them delicately around my lower legs as the ribbons connected to my suit, not moving. 

  "This design is amazing, and they match everything," Ava smiled as I nodded.

  "Now everyone get on your pointe and hold for ten seconds and no powers," I said as I jumped up, staying on my toes as everyone else tried, some falling, some not able to hold and some being scared to try.

  "Don't stay on your toes for the whole time, lightly teeter back and forth, it helps in fight with balance and stealth," I said as Frigga fell again.

  "I can't it's not possible," she said as I walked over to her, holding my hand out to help her up.

  "It's only impossible if that's what you tell yourself, chin up," I smiled as she sighed, trying again as she fell again.

  "Practice, it's what makes it so easy," I said to all of them as she sighed again.

  "Who wants to come spar," I asked as Kate raised her hand with a smirk, her bubble gum snapping as I smirked back.

  "Bring it cousin," I said as she charged at me my eyes closing as I played music in my own mind, focusing on the feelings around me as I dodged her strikes, using my pointes to dance around her as she growled in frustration as I heard her take a deep breath, my eyes opening as she started following my lead, taking me down after a couple minutes.

  "There...see that's how you do it," I smiled as everyone looked at her wide eyed.

  "I didn't hurt you right," she asked, pulling me to my feet as I shook my head.

  "You were amazing, who's next," I asked, clapping my hands together with a smirk.