Spider-Woman

I woke up with a start as I could feel Wanda in my head as I grabbed her wrist harshly, pulling my pocket knife out and putting it to her throat against the wall as I saw the fear in her eyes.

  "Stay out of my head," I growled as I put the knife away, and felt a hand on my shoulder as I took the person down, realizing it was Bucky.

  "Alice, what's wrong with you," Wanda asked worriedly as I turned to see Steve on high alert.

  "Sorry I-"

  "Alice, where were you for two weeks," Clint asked as I blinked harshly, my mission, and the small amount of info I had in the front of my mind as I remembered he was supposed to be my uncle.

  "I needed some time to myself, is that okay with you Uncle Clint," I spat as I stomped up the stairs, and walked past all the rooms until I saw the one I figured was mine since there was Spidergirl's mask on the chair. I walked up to it, but felt something holding me back as I was lifted off the floor, and turned around to see Sam, Clint, Bucky, Steve, Wanda, and some other guy I didn't recognize looking at me oddly.

  "Alice never called me Uncle Clint, and she would never hurt any of us, or use her powers to her advantage," Clint said as he walked up to me.

  "Clint stay back, Wanda get in her head and Bucky and I will hold her down. Sam keep your guard up, Scott you too," Steve ordered as the two of them pulled me downstairs and pinned me down in a chair as Wanda walked up next to me as I felt her go in my head. I struggled in their grip as small pieces of memory floated to the front of my head, causing tears to form for a brief second before I felt nothing again.

  "I can't see anything," she said as Steve shoved me into the chair as I smirked.

  "Problem Capsickle?"

  "I don't know who you are, but you're not Alice, and we want her back," he said harshly as I pushed back from the chair, standing up so I was in front of him.

  "What band did you meet on the street before your mother died," Wanda asked as I realized they were going to ask questions only she- I would know.

  "One Direction," I stated simply as I saw the single album on the table.

  "How old were you when you wrote your first song?"

  "I was twelve, it was about flowers, you happy now," I growled before making my way back upstairs as small pieces of memory slowly pieced together, but it never interfered with my mission.

  "Hey, I'm sorry about earlier with everyone else, and don't worry you didn't hurt me. I know what those panic rooms can do to you, and I just want you to know I'm here," Bucky said as he rubbed my back, and I met his eyes as tears welled in mine.

  "I never asked to be what I am Buck, I still don't want to be this... monster I've become," I sobbed as memories flooded back, and he held me close.

  "You're not a monster Alice, you never have been, and I know you'll-"

  "No Bucky you don't because I don't even know what I am, and I don't understand the power I hold, what if I hurt one of you?!"

  "You wouldn't."

  "And if I lose control, what then?"

  "Then we'll help you like we always do," he said as I could feel the rage inside me.

  "What if there's nothing left to help?"

  "There's always something left to help."

  "Not anymore," I said as I ran past him, down the stairs and out the door until I reached the airport, taking my phone out.

  "Tony, I need a ride home, I finally see your side of things," I sighed as we talked for a few minutes before a jet came, picking me up as I sat in the back with Nat.

  "What's wrong kiddo, you seem off?"

  "I'm fine Nat, just- never mind," I said as we rode in silence until we reached a different part of Germany as Tony and Nat led me into the hotel and up to Peter's room as tears brimmed in my eyes.

  "Hey kid, we uh, got something for you," Tony called as Peter walked into our line of view.

  "Alice?"

  "She-"

  "It's Gwen, and yeah, it's me," I said as he walked towards me, brushing a stray piece of hair off my face as I nuzzled my face into his cool, soft hand and let the tears fall as he pulled me close.

  "We'll leave you two," Nat smiled as the two of them left.

  "Is everything okay.. Gwen?"

  "Yeah, I just needed this more than I realized," I sniffled as we walked towards the bed, and laid down, cuddling close before I fell into a deep, terrible sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "Her power is already unknown, to add to it she would lose control completely," a man's voice said as my eyes opened to a bright light above me, and my arms and legs tied down. I couldn't move, and I felt weaker than ever before.

  "She's Captain Stacy's daughter, he says she's ready so she is," a woman's voice echoed as the doors opened with a burst of cold air against my bare skin as the man put something on my arm, and pressed a button as pain shot through me. I started screaming, the pain being too much as a blast of electricity went through the lab, and I saw Loki's staff next to me, connected to the wires leading from inside my arms as I felt myself being pulled out of what was happening.