Six Months

It's been six months since Tony came back, Thanos was dead and the stones were gone, our hope running low as more and more people disappeared daily. I had popped, which according to Thor was weird since the baby was half Jotun it shouldn't be this fast. I was currently tracking where the pods had landed less than forty eight hours ago, making my way to Tonsberg in Norway as I saw smoke, and people on the shore.

  "Valkyrie," I called as she saw me and waved me down.

  "It's cold here on Midgard," she shivered as I nodded, handing her a coat. When I saw they had landed in a cooler area I had gone to Tony who had bought out all the coats and blankets he could find.

  "Hand these out, I'm going to do what I can to get supplies to build the village for now I'll find tents and-"

  "There's an abandoned village up the mountain, I started looking around when we landed," she said as I nodded.

  "Take them there for now, I need to get Thor, he is your king after all."

  "And you're our princess, don't leave us alone here, not yet," she said as I sighed.

  "I won't, but Thor's alive, he's with the team right now," I said as her eyes widened.

  "And Prince Loki?"

  "He uh, he didn't make it," I said as she hugged me, stepping back as she looked at me oddly.

  "What's the matter?"

  "You have a lot of heat coming off of you," she said as I laughed, opening the coat I was wearing to show the heating vest Tony had told me I had to wear as a precaution after Thor telling him about frost giants.

  "I know you couldn't see it through the coat but I'm due in a couple weeks," I said as she looked at me with teary eyes.

  "Nat said yes, but if anything happens to either of us I want you to be her second godmother," I said as she met my eyes, her hands on my belly as a harsh kick made me hiss.

  "Of course I will," she smiled as I smiled back.

  "I'm going to lead them up the mountain, you stay here," she said as I nodded, feeling another sharp kick and a liquid going down my leg.

  "Shit...Laura alert the team to get down here, my water just broke," I said as a pulsing cramp emitted through my lower region and I cried out in pain.

  It took seven hours and more people than I would have liked but my twins were born, one with dark brown hair like mine, and one with black hair like Loki's, her eyes blue and his emerald as I smiled, looking up at Thor who looked at me with a loving look as he held my baby girl.

  "Frigga," I choked out as his eyes darted to me.

  "What?"

  "Her name is Frigga...and his name is Loki," I said as his eyes filled with tears as she gripped his finger.

  "Hello my dear niece Frigga," he smiled as I looked at my baby boy, looking just like his father even as a newborn.

  "She looks like you."

  "He has his father's eyes," I smiled as Tony gripped my shoulder gently.

  "Great job kid," he said as I struggled to stay awake as Frigga started crying.

  "I think she's hungry," Thor said as I took her, smiling down at her small face.

  "She's going to be trouble," I laughed as Steve smiled.

  "Like her father, Frigga Lokisdottir Goddess of Mischief," I smiled as I fell asleep.

  "They shouldn't have been born yet, let alone that easily," Thor said a few weeks later as I walked around the compound, the twins asleep for now as I made my way downstairs.

  "What do you mean?"

  "I mean she may be a goddess but to get a frost giant out of her small self should have been close to impossible not to mention deadly," he said quietly as I felt a ping of gut wrenching horror when I heard a shriek from their room.

  "Nat what happened?"

  "Well not only are they blue I went to touch them and well..." she said, showing me her forearm as I saw the frostbite burn.

  "Nat I-" I didn't know what to say seeing that as I looked at them, their skin normal again as they both cried loudly.

  "Something doesn't feel right."