Train wreck

"Put her in the train station, I'm sure she's seen one before," Ebony smirked as I was chained to the pole closest to the tracks as I kept my eyes closed after the blindfold was removed.

  "Open your eyes," he ordered as I let my breath fall out heavily, looking at the three monsters in front of me.

  "You will never win...we always will," I said as I looked up at them angrily.

  "How will they win without you around," he asked, putting another chain around my neck before Corvus stabbed a foreign metal sword through me, making it hard to breathe as Ebony bent down to my level.

  "You will never win," he mocked as my head fell back down, the pain searing through me as they disappeared into the dark station. I was there for what felt like hours until I heard chaos around me, and a loud crash as I saw two familiar faces.

  "Come on. Come on. Come on, you gotta get up. You gotta get up. Come on. Hey. Hey. We have to go," Wanda tried to say to Vision as I tried to form words to get her attention, but my mouth was so dry.

  "Please. Please leave," he said to her as I yanked the chains, watching the scene in front of me, reminding me of saying goodbye to Loki.

  "You asked me to stay... I'm staying."

  "Please," he begged her as I felt tears in my eyes.

  "Wanda," I was finally able to choke out as Proxima appeared and a silhouette I was happy to see appeared, put the sword still sticking out of me was making it hard to stay awake at this point, the pain and blood loss becoming deadly. Proxima threw her spear at Steve who caught it as Nat stepped into the light. Why did I have to be chained in a shadow, they can't see me. Sam flew down, kicking Proxima into a different room as I watched the scene, my eyes growing heavier by the second as an arm is wrapped around me, and Nat helped me up to my feet.

  "Can you walk," she asked as I tried to stand on my own, immediately falling into Steve.

  "Careful Gwen, what happened?"

  "Thanos...he killed them," I said dryly as my throat scratched from thirst.

  "Killed who," Sam asked as I met his eyes.

  "Thor, and Loki, and half the Asgardians...and I couldn't save them," I said as he carried me to the jet they had arrived in.

  "Get her stitched up Sam, she's going to need a medic when we get to the compound," Steve said as he laid me down on the floor of the jet as I winced in pain, Sam looking at me with scared eyes.

  "I won't let you die like this Gwen," he said as I felt myself stiffen as the needle pierced the skin.

  "Steve come see this," he called as I remembered about all the other cuts on my torso.

  "What happened to you?"

  "It's nothing," I said, trying to brush it off as Wanda also came over, looking down at me as she covered her mouth, her eyes glossy as I tried not to wince.

  "Wanda," Steve said as Wanda got down on her knee, touching my temples as the memories showed through everyone's heads.

  "So to you you've been gone for a few months...when really you've been gone for two years," Steve said as I looked at Nat who was piloting.

  "Steve, did you not see the rest?"

  "No, I did but that was her choices," he said as I closed my eyes as Sam tied off the first wounds last stitch.

  "I lost Loki and Thor, and other friends I made along the way...I refuse to lose any of you," I huffed as Sam handed me a water bottle and I tried to sit up.

  "Careful, you don't want to tear those, your body is reacting different to foreign metal," he said as I nodded, able to shakily stand with the mix of concussion, dehydration and starvation all at once.

  "So you and Loki, I thought it was cute," Wanda smiled as we sat together, the only two still awake as Laura auto piloted the jet.

  "He was perfect, he was my Vision," I smiled as Wanda looked over at Vision who was sleeping soundly in a corner.

  "I can't imagine losing Vis, I'd probably fall apart," she sighed as I felt tears.

  "He gave me the chance to say goodbye to my mother Wanda...nobody's ever been able to give me that," I sobbed as she hugged me close.

  "I know, and it's hard to lose people like that, first your parents, then your husband, then your brother I guess you could say. It's one of the hardest things to live through, and it messes you up. Makes you feel like every bad thing is your fault," she said sadly as I looked at the floor.

  "You're the only one that understands Wanda, everyone else...they wouldn't understand besides Thor and Loki  who've literally lost everything. It makes me wonder if I was put in their path for a reason," I said, meeting her eyes as she smiled gently.

  "Everyone has lost something at one point or another...but others lose more than most," she sighed as her head rested on my shoulder and she drifted off.

  "And some of us lose everything."