Try

It was around midnight when I snuck down to the largest fridge I had ever seen for a snack, great, pregnancy hunger already and I'm not even that far along. I was grabbing some cheese I had just cut up and some crackers when I heard a loud thud coming from downstairs followed by smashing sounds as I ran downstairs and out to the back clearing as I saw Frigga, her pointe shoes on as she tried and tried to move on her toes.

  "Why is this so hard for me," she screamed as ice coated the ground for as far as I could see into the forest as I saw her breath when she sighed, her eyes closing as she tried again, not able to hold it more than a second as I walked up to her, her sad and angry eyes meeting mine as I smiled gently.

  "Let me help you," I said as she looked up at me from her spot on the ground, taking my hand as I pulled her to her feet.

  "Feet closer together...and rise," I instructed as she did, wobbling a second before standing upright as I smoothed my hands along her suit, helping her stand straight.

  "See, you got it, focus on centering yourself, not on your balance," I said as I heard a small whimper from her lips.

  "Shift your weight...and up," I said as she went to the other foot, shifting her weight as I smiled.

  "I'm going to let go, don't lose focus," I said as she nodded lightly and I stepped back, seeing the small patch of ice beneath her toes as she shifted.

  "Try dancing," I smiled as she opened her eyes, looking at me.

  "What?"

  "Just trust me," I said as I pulled up a slower piano song as I directed her eyes closed and she began to slowly dance, floating away into the music as ice formed and disappeared everywhere she danced, eventually going off the ground as I smiled.

  "Open your eyes and keep dancing," I said as she smiled, continuing until the music stopped.

  "I...I did it," she smiled as I nodded, hugging her.

  "Now, you have school in the morning and it's after midnight, I have a snack on the counter but then bed," I said as she laughed, nodding as my bare feet pattered next to hers across the grass.

  "Alright everyone, you know the drill for lunch, stay together...and anyone from off world please try and blend in," I said as everyone nodded, going to their tables as I sat with Peter, MJ and Ned, not realizing how much I missed being a kid that had normal friends.

  "Has he watched it yet," Ned asked as I looked up from my lunch tray.

  "The Mandalorian, not yet, he's been training Ned," I laughed as he nodded.

  "Well hopefully the teacher next period isn't as weird as Mr. Jefferson," MJ said as I looked over at her, nodding.

  "Next is social studies...how bad can it be?"

  "Alright class...first topic of the year...Norse Gods and Goddesses," the teacher said as I looked up from my textbook.

  "Anybody know what the nine realms are," he asked as I closed the book, crossing my arms in front of me as I sat back.

  "Asgard, Alfheim, Vanaheim, Midgard, Muspelheim, Nifelheim, Jotunheim, Nedavellir and Suartalhheim," I said with a smirk, counting on my fingers as the entire class looked at me.

  "And you are..."

  "Stacy...Gwen Stacy sir," I said as he nodded.

  "Alright Miss Stacy who is the ruler of the Nine Realms?"

  "Odin, or the Allfather as called," I said as he leaned against his desk.

  "Who are his sons that everyone should know of?"

  "Thor, God of Thunder and Loki, God of Mischief, though Loki was actually taken after a battle where Odin raised him as an Asgardian aesir...but when the time came and Loki found that out he turned his back against everyone who wronged him in his young life, coming here and murdering and trying to take over Midgard since he couldn't have Asgard, but then he saved all the realms from dark elves after his brother's idiotic girlfriend went poking in places she shouldn't have. Everyone thought Loki dead but turned out they were tricked and he was alive the whole time...oh and he has a son, a, eight legged horse by the name of Slepnir, is that all," I asked as he looked at me with a smirk.

  "All that because you're an Avenger," he scoffed as I furrowed my eyebrows.

  "No all that because I knew Loki and Thor personally and I know when to research into things and when to leave it alone," I smirked, sitting forward as he laughed.

  "You're no better than anybody else here Miss Stacy...remember that," he said as Peter grabbed my hand, pulling me out of class with him.

  "What was that," he asked as I laughed.

  "He asked a question, I answered with what knowledge I had Peter," I said as he huffed.

  "Gwen you can't just give a teacher attitude and not think about consequences, all of us need you to be an example," he said as I nodded, the ache I had since I woke up this morning getting worse.

  "I'll behave," I said with a sigh as he nodded, a call coming through the coms.

  "I got this call you get to class," I said as he went back into the classroom and I made a sprint for the bathroom, seeing Frigga, Jessica and Ava as I smirked.

  "You girls want some field training," I asked as Frigga's body radiated a dark blue electrical wave as her suit was covering her.

  "Let's do it," she smiled as I nodded, all of us jumping out the small window as we headed toward the call destination.

  "What the hell?!"