Destroy

"Gwen I got you, but you've got to hold on, please just hold on," Peter's voice rang through my ears as I felt him lift me off the floor out of the rubble. He carried me so carefully until I felt the hard ground against my back as I felt his fingers go to my neck checking for a pulse as he sighed in relief, and I moved my hand to touch his cheek so he knew I could hear him.

  "Spider-Woman" he sighed, almost sounding as if he was crying  as he grabbed my hand gently, and I felt tears dampen my glove through his mask.

  "Thank you," I said quietly, my voice raspy and throat sore.

  "I got a call from Mister Stark, said your AI warned him you were in danger and I was on my way home," he said with a slight crack in his voice as I wrapped my arms around him tightly, never wanting to let go.

  "Where's May?"

  "Hospital with the little boy you saved, they said both of them will be okay, but I don't know how you're okay," he said as I shrugged.

  "Just lucky I guess," I smiled under my mask as he laughed lightly.

  "You're seriously burned though, especially your arms I noticed, parts of your suit are charred," he said sadly as the pain started registering in my arms as I thought about it.

  "I'm fine, but you go see May, I'll finish patrol," I smiled, rubbing his cheek through his mask as he lifted his mask to kiss my gloved hand before nodding.

  "Are you sure you're alright," he asked worriedly as I nodded, standing up as I could feel my suit sticking to the burned off skin on my arms.

  "Yeah, go see your aunt," I smiled again as he nodded before slowly walking away as I noticed the fire was finally put out, and the building was nothing more than broken wood and fallen bricks, almost like it was an explosion.

  "Laura, call Tony please," I said as he picked up almost immediately.

  "Kid, kid are you okay," he asked frantically as I let out a small laugh to myself before answering.

  "Peter rescued me right on time, thank you for letting him know, and I'm going on patrol before coming back home. The building though, it was Peter and May's building, there's nothing left Tony, May's in the hospital after I saved her, but that doesn't matter, it's all gone," I said sadly as I heard him sigh.

  "I'll get right on it, I promise Peter will have a place to go to before tomorrow night," he said as I smiled.

  "For now he can stay in my room with me, I'll grab him from the hospital after I patrol," I said as I webbed away, sitting on a building roof to rest a minute.

  "I'll have Happy stop by a store later to get him some clothes, and uh you better be safe."

  "Tony! Eww, no just ugh he has clothes in my room, he keeps them there for when he comes over," I said digusted before hanging up as I heard his laughter before the line died.

  "Laura, call Steve," I sighed since I hadn't talked to him since that day, even as I recovered I didn't want to have Tony catch me.

  "Hello," his voice rang as I smiled, taking my mask off as I transferred the call to my phone, thank T'Challa for a vibranium phone case. He said it was the least he could do for almost killing me.

  "Hey, Steve it's Gwen," I said as I heard a shuffle behind him, and I heard Bucky's voice.

  "Gwen, hey, how are you? Can we maybe call Nat, switch to video call we all want to see you," he asked as I laughed.

  "Yeah, I'm out so don't say I didn't warn you," I smiled as he hung up, and not a minute later Nat's contact flashed across the screen requesting video call.