Ghost Village 8

Later that night, they all decided to go check out on the said ghost that made Zhu Hong go into deep slumber. Lin Jing decided to stay behind in the Inn with Zhu Hong, saying that having someone to look after her would make him feel much happier.

"Guo Di, where is the ghost located?" Shen Wei asks.

"Little bit more, Wei Ge. We found him at the edge of the village." Guo replies.

"Little devil, what did you discover back in the Hell's Archive?" Little Angel asks.

"Yeah, what did you find out, little devil?" Yunlan also asks, curiously.

"I'm not sure if what I'm guessing is the right answer. It is a spell that angels from soulmate department cast to whom they deem as deserving severe punishment by putting barrier between soulmates. The punishment is meant to torture the pairs by keeping them separated until they break the spell, or the victim will slowly die because the spell feeds off their soul energies. Only angels dealing with pairing humans' destiny and higher up angels can cast this spell, but record shows that this punishment is rarely being cast because it is too cruel of a punishment. That's why I'm not 100% certain and if this spell is being used, that means the ghost's mate is somewhere around here. After all, the distance is 'far yet close'... I don't know what the textbook meant by that." Little devil explains, frowning his beautiful brows, definitely confuse himself.

It can't be... right? The Tree spirit did mention being separate from her lover... Shen Wei internally ponders.

"She- We.. Shen Wei?" Yunlan calls when he sees that Shen Wei is lost in his own thoughts.

"Huh?" Shen Wei absentmindedly replies making Yunlan worry.

"Xiao Wei? What are you thinking?" Yunlan anxiously asks, fearing that his Wei is being lured in again like last night.

"Ah Lan... I was thinking that maybe the tree spirit I met, and the ghost Guo Di saw might be related. I don't know why, but when little devil describes soulmates being separate, I recall Tree spirit saying something similar." Shen Wei explains.

"Little devil, how would we know who the ghost's soulmate is?" Yunlan asks after listening to Shen Wei.

"I don't know master Yunlan. The only thing the textbook stated is that if one were to experience pain, the other end shall too. I'm assuming the other end referring to his other half." Little devil states and other hums along in understanding.

"So, we are basically running into an unknown territory without any knowledge about the spell" Guo Changcheng summarizes, or question... nobody ever knows whether Guo ever will say anything with absolute certainty....

"I suppose... in a nutshell, yes, you are right." Little devil admits thoughtfully.

"Little devil, if the ghost is not bound by that spell, then what next? Have you found any alternative solution?" Shen Wei asks, concerned about their new demon friend.

"I'm sorry, master Wei. I didn't find any other alternative path. I went through all Hell's Archive books that could be related to angel's spell and this is the closest one I got." Little devil sincerely explains.

"Well, you found out more than anyone of us." Yunlan clarify to guilty looking devil.

"Er... I have one question; Even if we find out the spell, who is going to break it?" Guo questions innocently, making other surprises as well... well everyone except little angel.

"Oh... now that you mention it, little angel, are you part of matchmaking department?" Yunlan asks, not expecting a positive answer and to answer Yunlan's inquiry little angel just gives a blank stare at his own master that says 'Really? Do I look like matchmaker to you?'