What's Happening???

"Sang Zhan?"

"Yes?" Sang replies while searching for groceries that they are required to buy.

"Aren't you ghost? How come you have a real body??" Lin Jing asks.

"Ah! So that was all the starring was for. I was starting to get concerned. This body you are seeing is my own real body. Unlike people who turn into a ghost after their death, I was born as a ghost in underworld." Sang Zhan explains.

"I know that. What I'm fascinated to learn about is the differences. Like what significant difference between them that allow one to exist with human in daytime while other couldn't." Lin Jing desperately expresses.

"Humans who die and return as ghosts, their body and soul are separated beyond repair. Thus, their ghost form is basically their tainted soul that reincarnation has shut its door to. While I was born in the depth of hell with this form. However, the reason me and Wang look like human instead of other ghost that you came in contact with recently is because we are merge with guardian fire. The guardian's fire gave us human quality that is beneficial in mingling with humans."

"Hmmm... this guardian fire is awesome! Is there any way I can study?" Lin Jing begs.

"*soft chuckle* Ling Jing, I think you have forgotten that you also possess guardian fire like all of us guardians. If you want to study a subject, you can be your own subject. I'm afraid I can't be one for you." Sang Zhan refuses.

"I already did that." Lin Jing grumbles lightly.

"Result?" Sang Zhan asks while stuffing more things into their bag.

They usually go to the market about once a week or so because they want to decrease the chance of encounter with their enemies while Shen Wei is still recovering. The good news is that he is almost 100% recovery, but others can't help but worry about his pregnancy now. There is so little information about it that it's distressing to everyone. Little angel is of no help either because beside what he has shared about past Shen Wei, he knows nothing else either.

"Null." Lin Jing unhappily replies.

"Hmm... Any possible reason as to why?" Sang asks, out of curiosity than anything else.

"Not certain. There are too many uncontrolled variables in the experiment." Lin Jing replies.

"May-"

"Hey you! Get out of my store right now!" A shout from a merchant interrupts them.

The merchant, who is shouting, is chasing away an injured fox who seems to be stealing his meat from the store.

"What a pity. Poor thing is injured as well." Lin Jing said but Sang beside him remains unusually quiet.

"Hey, Sang, do you think other will mind if we bring that fox with us?" Lin Jing wonders.

"Now now, Lin Jing. We have enough trouble as it is. Let's not add more, yeah?" Sang said before dragging Lin Jing with him.

Lin Jing didn't notice how the injured fox had been gazing at them, but it didn't go unnoticed by Sang who deliberately took wrong turns in their path confusing Lin Jing but the solemn expression on Sang tells him to follow along without questioning.

After a couple twists and turns, they come to the opposite side of the market and far away from where they live.

"What is going on, Sang?" Lin Jing finally asks seeing that they are out of earshot.

Instead of replying to worried Lin Jing, Sang Zhan keeps looking around their surroundings with critical eyes.

"Not-" Sang is interrupted by chuckling sound behind them.