Ingredients 3

Tengu's Village: Yezun's Mansion

"What the hell?!" Yezun shouts in frustration grabbing Da Qing's attention, where he is talking with one of the servants outside the room.

"My lord?' Da Qing gently knocks on the door after dismissing the servant.

"Come in." Yezun orders.

"My lord. What's wrong?" Da Qing asks when he sees Yezun looking defeated.

"One of the crucial ingredients doesn't exist anymore." Yezun said, frustration is boiling up inside him again.

"W-hat do you mean doesn't exist anymore, Yezun? What doesn't exist anymore?" Da Qing worriedly asks, formality is forgotten in his worry for his family.

"Ruby Red Tear of Ancient White Snake." Yezun grits while flipping through the ancient book for alternate ingredient for substituting.

"Oh god... no, no, no... Ancient White Snake are like legend or myth now. It has been extinct for more than millennia now. What are we going to do now?" Da Qing asks while pacing here and there. He can't seem to calm down now.

"I don't know either. This stupid book is not even giving me a substitute ingredient either!" Yezun groans while throwing the book into the wall.

"Is it common for the book to give alternate solutions?" Da Qing asks, thinking of something.

"No. The things that show up in the book typically exist. So, I never had to face an issue like this." Yezun admits, calming down a little.

"Then perhaps... Ruby Red Tear does exist too. Might be hard to find. Why don't we go back to Haixing Village and wait for Lin Jing to come back?" Da Qing recommends.

"What about the ingredients we are responsible for collecting? Are they able collect everything we ordered them to" Yezun asks, feeling drains.

"Yes. I have collected the last ingredient we sent our servants to collect. Unless we have to collect more other than Ruby Red Tear?" Da Qing informs.

"No, Ruby Red Tear is the last thing on the list for us." Yezun answers after double checking the list on the ancient book after picking it up from the floor.

"If that's the case. Let me pack all the ingredients we have collected, and we will head out soon." Da Qing answers.

"Okay, kitten. Meanwhile, I will go give some orders to my left-hand man to look after matters here during our absents." Yezun states.

"Yes, my lord." Da Qing replies with a quick nod before leaving to carry out his duties.

***

Haixing: Timeless Forest

"Zhu Hong, what's wrong with your pet?!" Lin Jing asks while evading attacks from Kun Peng while securing Forgetful Lily.

After both of them reached the waterfall that is guarded by Zhu Hong's monster pet, it was easy enough to get approval to get inside the wet cave. Somehow after picking the Forgetful Lily, Kun Peng suddenly becomes crazed and starts attacking them. Even the demon queen couldn't do anything to calm down her pet.

"I don't know either!" Zhu Hong said while saving her darling from her pet's attack.

"I think Kun Peng trying to retrieve the flower." Lin Jing states while observing how the monster is single mindedly trying to get the flower back.

"I notice that too! Darling, I will distract him while you try to get to the other side of waterfall!" Demon queen orders, making Lin Jing widen his eyes in shock.