Plan and Action

"Where are they hiding?! Why can't I see nor feel them?!" Archangel shouts at his subordinates.

"Mas-ster, maybe they are hiding in the parallel world again?" A terrified minion offers, shakingly.

"Then what are you guys doing here kneeling instead of doing your job?! Go and bring them to me!" Archangel roars.

"Ye-es, master!" They reply before vanishing into thin air, leaving dead silence behind except for the heavy breathing of the Archangel.

"I will not let you guys succeed, no matter what, dear brother of mine. I will make your life a living hell." Archangel darkly said, anger can be seemed blazing through his pitch-black eyes. When his own emotions get better of him, his true being takes over.

A being of darkness rather than light.

*************

"GhostFace, we found what you are looking for." Zujiu telepaths.

"Oh? And the result?" GhostFace telepath back.

"There seems to be a portal of sort in the outskirts of the village where communication takes place. There is no set date or time. It's just random. The meeting only takes place when beings from other side contact them first." Zujiu explains.

"When was the last meeting?" GhostFace inquires.

"Two days ago."

"Did you guys find any other portals?"

"No, Congbo has set up traps that sense portal's opening and the trap only sensed this one."

"Okay, keep monitoring. Don't let others find you guys." GhostFace orders.

"Understood." Zujiu replies before the connection is disconnected.

Both Zujiu and Congbo were tasked to find out where and how their enemy manipulated Tengus to do their bidding. This is the secret mission that Yezun assigned to them to test their royalty. At the beginning, he didn't really have hope for them, so he assigned them further away from the Tengu's Village. However, Congbo and Zujiu have proven him wrong by taking their given task seriously. Of course, he only now trusts them because he had his own spy keeping watch over them.

***********

"Lin Jing, what all this excitement about?" Wang asks.

"Look, look, look! I am finally able to make a noise-blocking device. Finally, we can sleep soundly" Lin Jing excitedly said.

"I'm happy for you, Lin!" Wang Zheng happily praises.

"Yes, darling, it's really good news. Finally, you cannot use that as an excuse to get away from me anymore." Zhu Hong hisses happily making Lin Jing shiver in fright.

Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut. Now what will I do? Lin Jing worries, regrettably.

"Good luck Zhu Hong. I'm sure he is not intentionally avoiding getting intimate with you." Wang sweetly replies but Lin Jing wishes to disagree.

Nope, I was definitely avoiding it but all he could say weakly is "Of course, I was not avoiding you, Hong."

"Yeah sure, then the sky is green right now." Zhu Hong retorts making Lin Jing grimace while Wang giggle at the couple's argument.

"Shouldn't you be focusing on creating something useful for battle instead of that thing since they are not even here?" Chu interrupts them.

"Hey! Make some sound, will you? You almost gave me a heart attack!" Lin Jing whines while dramatically rubbing his chest.