Eggs: Familiars

"It's hatching...." Shen Wei whispers and once again, everyone have circle around the table where eggs are laid in the middle of the table on pillow.

"What should we do? Do we need to get hot water ready like people do when delivering unborn baby?? Do we need to call for doctor?? Wh-" Guo Changcheng asks with slight panic on his tone while pacing here and there but get cut short of his mumbling.

"Little Guo, its egg so it will mostly hatch like chick hatch from their eggshell. I doubt hot water is needed, nor doctor in fact." Yezun said with amused tone.

"Da Quing, add that idiot into your list of moral teaching about life when you teach Yunlan!" Chu grumble with irritated tone.

"Now now.. zombie... cut the kid some slack will you~? You always being this grumpy, when will you find maiden of your heart?" Yezun whisper back making Chu reply with his deadly glare which Yezun doesn't seems to find it scary, but rather more amusing to mess with.

***

Crack... Crack... blinding white light peek through the crack of shell for white egg and black mists pour out from the black egg cracked shell.

The interesting part of entire thing is that nobody notices how both Shen Wei and Zhao Yunlan neck glow where the mark was embodied like synchronicity to hatching process. However, only half of wing shined on their neck. Devil's wing shine on Shen Wei's neck making that half of symbol thicker in black ink and his other half is there but look faded due to newly added thickness. Same thing happens to Zhao Yunlan but for him, thickness and shine added to his angel's side of the wing while devil's wing remains faded.

Back to eggs, flood of black mists drips through black egg and started to float and engulf both eggs; although white shine is being engulf as well, bystanders still can see pure white sparks through the mist leaving everyone staring at them in awe.

Crack...crack... crack...

The more it cracks, the more lights shine through, and the size of mist only becomes bigger and bigger as if creating protective mist bubble for themselves until its size reached around beach ball. The process remains the same for a while and no one dare to break the silence. All of them want to witness everything and be prepare for unexpected attack... just in case.

After what seems like forever, the black mist bubble breaks and white and black light shine through, blinding everyone who has been staring at them. Slowly...the brightness dim down eventually only leaving two little creatures with wings behind. The figures are not recognizable, only reddish skin and bone like infant bird when they newly hatch, but it did start to evolve into two tiny human shapes with wings. However, the wings between the two is distinguishable. The figure that hatches from black egg has wing like bat with sharp and pointing bone edges to it while the figure from white egg has fluffy white wings full of white feathers like dove bird.

When the hatching process completed, the figure had grown into adulthood but still tiny. What left everyone gaping their mouths open with huge eyes are look the creatures took upon, they look like miniaturize copy of Shen Wei and Zhao Yunlan. The exact image of Shen Wei have short hair, neatly parted into two uneven sides with white, gold and dark blue robes but robes' design is foreign with a glass with shiny long tail and two big bat wings or devil's wing....and miniature Zhao Yunlan has beard and evenly part hair, short yet longer than his companion with gold halo above his head with similar era robes as miniature Shen Wei; but he had angelic fluffy white wings.

From first glance, people would say based on their wings and how they appear to be as opposite and born in wrong elements. The angel seems to be more deserving of devil's wing and vice versa.