Change of Plan

The mission from the night before was an epic failure for both Guo Changcheng and Zhao Yunlan, much to their disappointment. Not only did they not find the target, but they also got caught by maids in Inn. Luckily, they were able to escape in the nick of time before the guards came.

By the time they got home, it was already dawn. They didn't even eat before passing out on their own bed.

***

*Knock* *Knock*

"Yes, who is it?" Shen Wei calls out before opening the front door.

"Wei Di, It's me. Please open the door." Da Quing replies.

"Da Ge! What's wrong early in the morning?" Shen Wei happily opens the door for his Da Ge.

"Hello there, Wei Di. Here, I made too many breakfasts to eat alone. Why don't both you and Chu eat them?" Da Quing said while giving two big bowls of freshly steaming congee with pickle on sides with fried dried fish to Shen Wei. The aroma of congee is delicious making him almost drool, but his stomach was faster than his mouth in making growling sounds.

*Chuckling sounds*

"I can see that you are quite hungry, Wei Di. I won't keep you away from your beloved congee any longer. Please enjoy it." Da Quing said fondly to embarrassed Shen Wei who is blushing now.

"Da Ge's Congee is the best... you can't blame my stomach for agreeing with me..." Shen Wei mumbles making Da Quing raffle his cute Wei Di's silky long black hair.

"Thank you, Wei Di. At least someone appreciates my cooking, unlike people in my house. I wish you would stay with me instead of them..." Da Quing complains about Guo and Yunlan who is still busy sleeping then to eat breakfast.

"Da Ge, I'm always here if you need me. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere!" Shen Wei said happily.

"I know Wei Di and I'm really happy to have a didi like you~~ I mean who wouldn't love such a lovely cute didi?" Da Quing cooes while lightly pinching Shen Wei's cheeks.

"Da Geee-- You are treating me like a kid again." Shen Wei cutely pouts his beautifully thin pink lips, making Da Quing chuckle more.

"Sorry, Wei-di. No matter how old you are, you will forever be my cute little didi just like my Yunlan Di." Da Quing honestly said.

Shen Wei is too busy being pampered to protest for being called kid. Oh well, sometimes you need to sacrifice something to keep something.

"Oh right, why did you say you are eating alone? Are Ah Lan and Xiao Guo not home?" Shen Wei asks.

"No, they are home. But they are sleeping soundly. They came home late yesterday. So, I'm just letting them sleep in. I will make lunch for them later."

"I see." Shen Wei nods in understanding.

"Now, go eat while it still warm." Da Quing leaves Shen Wei's house shortly after.

**************

Three Days Later at Jasmine Inn

"Shen Wei~~ You are late." Lin Jing greets when he sees Shen Wei walking toward him, while sitting lazily at the big open resting area of Jasmine Inn.

"Sorry, Lin! I had to help my uncle get some Bo Staffs that I couldn't get last time. Please don't be upset." Shen Wei apologizes to Lin Jing. After all, he did make Lin Jing wait an extra hour doing nothing. just waiting for him.

"Fine! I will forgive you if you can give me a good match." Lin demands from Shen Wei who happily nods.

"So, where shall we fight? And do you want hand-on-hand combat or are you up for Gun staff fight?" Lin asks excitedly.