Enchanted Forest: Timeless Forest 4

The moment Shen Wei sees the creature in front of him, he instantly shields resting Yunlan behind him protectively with his body and calmly ask.

"So, what are you?"

"Hehehe. You haven't answered my question yet, human."

"I became suspicious when you accidentally mention about your domain and from there on, I was carefully observing your actions.

The second slip is when you mention Yunlan's full name. I have never gotten to introduce them yet so there is no way that Lin Jing knows his name.

Thirdly, how you acted like you know this forest well when you just wonder inside not long before us, Lin Jing supposed to be a wanderer unlike me, a native to Haixing Village.

Finally, your eyes turned red when you were looking at the pond and said it is your home and you don't know how the real Lin Jing addressed me.

So, now that I have answered all your questions, what are you and what did you do to actual Lin Jing?" Shen Wei expressionlessly repeats his questions again.

"Hmm very clever~~ I am what you would call Guī guàiwù. And your friend is somewhere inside this forest, but he is safe since another demon took a liking to him apparently. Well, that's what I heard since I haven't met him yet" Guī guàiwù replies.

"Then how did you turn into his replica?" Shen Wei question while glaring at said Guī guàiwù.

"I don't need him to transform into him~ All I need is to get inside that Tengu's head and I know why you guys came inside. From his mental image, I can transform into that person in question~~" Guī guàiwù states pointing at Yunlan's body.

"Then why did you lure us to your domain?" Shen Wei asks again.

"So, I can eat my meals in peace, obviously~~" Guī guàiwù sings with eerily cold air in the tone.

"Why couldn't you do it there, why wait until your domain? Are there other creatures like you inside this forest? Wait. never-mind about second question, you already said there were other demons too." Shen Wei shot another question to Guī guàiwù.

I need to distract him as long as I can. Ah Lan should be waking up soon, Shen Wei internally self-assures himself, but not knowing why he is suddenly feeling confident his Yunlan will be waking up soon.

"My~~my, isn't your head buzzing with questions~~~ I wonder, how delicious your brain will taste like along with rest of your internal organs even though you are merely human, yummm~~" Guī guàiwù slurp and wipe his drooling big beak with webbed hand.

"Wait, what did you mean by merely human? And now that I think about it, earlier you said something about Tengu. What or who is Tengu you were talking about?" Shen Wei hurriedly asks, one part of him just to stall for more time but another part of him is genuinely curious.

Whatever the reason it is, that question did stop hungry Guī guàiwù from further approaching them slowly and stop to laugh.

"HEHEHEHEHE!!! Are you actually serious?! You are telling me that you had no idea that your lover is not human, but Tengu?! WOW, this is hilarious! HEHEHEHEHE!" Guī guàiwù laugh and laugh hysterically while rubbing his big round stomach that blobbing with his webbed hands.

"What are you blabbing about? My Yunlan is human! Are you sure your power is not messing with you?" Shen Wei retort back, but inside he couldn't help but worry and something else...

Irrigated...

Shen Wei... Now is not your time to be feeling offended, behaved!