One-Shot no. 30: iDads

Ok, so I got inspired by this fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6068147/1/Fatherless-Day
and by this one: http://www.wattpad.com/59383642-comments-bread
And other ones like that which I forgot about! Also, I have no internet right now so I’m typing this up on word and when I get internet, I will copy this, fix it and upload it. Also check out my 100 Seddie Word Challenge! Give it a try! I made a story for it so go check out the rules and the 100 words! Enjoy!
_______________________________________________________

Freddie’s POV

Sam and I walked into Carly’s apartment hand in hand. We’ve been dating for  1 year, 3 months, 6 weeks and 12 days. Cool huh?  Anyway, we walked into the apartment and saw steamers, balloons and confetti. Also there was a big banner saying “Welcome Home Dad! Happy Father’s Day!”. Oh right, it’s father’s day. I hate Father’s Day because I don’t have a father. Neither does Sam. Usually the two of us just stay at home and cuddle up watching a movie.

We became very close while Carly was away. Oh yeah, Carly was away for half of the year. It was a student exchange thing so she was flown over to Germany while kids from Germany flew down here to Seattle.  So during those 6 months we spent time together and started dating then. But even before that, we would hang out just us two ignoring everyone with their dads.

I glance over to Sam and she has her head down. She hates this holiday. Just then Carly came in and Sam pretended to be happy. I can see through that fake smile. I have a sixth sense. The Sam sense. I can sense anything about her. Carly runs down to us in her really girly, really perky and really bubbly mood.

“MY DAD IS COMING HOME! I’M SO EXCITED! AND IT’S FATHER’S DAY AND ALSO THEY’RE HOLDING A FATHER-DAUGHTER DANCE TONIGHT AT SCHOOL WHICH I’M GOING TO! NO BOYS! Which is kinda sad but still…. EEEK!” Carly shrieks.

Sam pulls a slight smile but not the smile that I love. “Oh cool! Dances aren’t my thing. Fredward and I are probably just gonna stay in watching movies, cuddling, ordering pizza… ok so pretty much a date in.”

I put my arm around her. “Yeah. I think that’ll be awesome! And by the way, our movies consist of kids movies High School Musical 1, 2 and 3, Camp Rock 1 and 2, Bug’s Life, Jungle Book, Despicable Me 1 and 2, Lion King, Finding Nemo, all of that. Sam suggests High School Musical and Camp Rock.”

Carly frowns. “Freddie, what about your dad? Why won’t you spend time with him? And Sam, why won’t you and your dad go to the dan- *gasp* Ne- Ne- Neither of you have d-dads. I’m s-so sorry.”

I smile and so does Sam. But it’s one of her fake smiles. Carly then told us that we should go or otherwise we’ll feel bad that we don’t have out dads. So we left to go to my apartment. We walk past my mum who’s on the phone with her dad. We go into my room and get changed in the same room. I’ve seen her in a lot less… by accident so I think it doesn’t matter. I hand her a pair of her sweats and t-shirt. I have some of her stuff here which I honestly don’t mind.

We get into bed and cuddle. We start watching High School Musical. I get bored so I break the silence between us two and us the most ridiculous question ever!

“What happened to your dad?! I know that you know where he is.” I randomly blurt out.

Sam goes pale. I knew that was a bad idea asking her that question. "Uh, um..." Tears start falling from her eyes. Good job Freddie! You asked your girlfriend something that is personal! YOU IDIOT!

"Excuse me?!" An offended Sam asks. Did i say that out loud?

"I was referring that to me! I should of never asked you that question, I'm so sorry!" Sam's tear start to fade. Oh thank you.

"I'll tell you. No interruptions ok?" I nod. "Well, me and my dad had a great relationship. He was literally my best friend. I didn't have any friends when i was younger except for him and my bunny Fluffles." Sam started.

"Fluffles? The rabbit that your mum sold to foreigners?" I asked.

"NO INTERRUPTIONS! And yes. Anyway, my dad is what brought the family together. We'd go on vacations, we'd go to restaurants, play with me and Melanie... we did a lot of normal family things. And when my dad didn't have work, he'd play the piano or guitar and i usually ask him to teach me and Fluffles. He would sit me on his lap and we'd play music together. But then he died. He was walking home one night and i was with him when a couple of men were harrassing and abusing us both. My dad told me to run home. I knew the way. I honestly didn't want to leave him but i did. Then my mum got a call from the police saying he had died. And that guitar in my room was his. Same with the piano. And you know on the piano and guitar there's engravings. He did that. He wrote 'Daddy's little girl, I love you Samantha/Sammy'. That's why i never allowed anyone to call me Samantha or Sammy except for you." She finished talking and started crying. I then realised something.

"Sam? Was there another man being abused besides you dad?" I ask.

Sam sniffed. "Yeah, a guy named Robert. Why?" Tears were welling up in my eyes.

"Freddie? Freddie? FREDD- *gasps*, your dad..." Sam realises.

"Yeah...." I manage to choke

"I'm sorry. Let's use this day to remember our dads. Get some candles and a picture of your dad."

I listened to her and got some candles and a photo of my dad and i at the playground. I saw Sam on the printer, printing out her pic of her dad and herself. I look at the picture, they were playing the piano. Sam looks so beautiful, like now. We put the photos in photo frames and light up the candles. We set the photos and candles outside on the fire escape and sit there cuddling. 

"Thank you Freddie."

"I love you Sammy."

"I love you too Freddie. So much."

_________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! I can't believe we're on 30 one-shots! Thank you so much guys! You're all awesome!
Sorry for any mistakes :)

-callmeprada ☯