One-Shot no. 77: iLike Nerds

Freddie's POV

"Ok students! Hand in your tests." Says our science teacher. I hand in my test and look around the class for someone to talk to. Yeah... like I'll ever find any friends. I'm lonely. No one wants to be friends with a wimpy, sad, nerdy nub.

I look to my right and see Sam Puckett. I have a crush on her. She's really pretty and she can relate to me. She has no friends because she's 'too abrasive, stupid, ugly and poor'. That's not true. She is in every class of mine and she is very smart when it comes to English and so talented in Art.

I hesitantly get out of my chair and slowly walk to Sam's. Once I get there, she looks up from what she was drawing and smiles. "Hi Freddie." I blush. Her smile is gorgeous. "Hey Sam. Hard test huh?" Sam giggles a bit. Her giggles are so cute. "Heck yeah it was. But knowing you, you probably got an A+, Mr. Perfect." I blush again and she giggles. Dammit, my blush was noticeable.

"So, what are you drawing?" Now it was Sam's turn to blush. I know that no one ever wanted to the time or day to notice her art. "Just a small sketch of my cat Frothy and I. Nothing amazing." I look at the picture and it was incredible! Frothy looked so real, she seemed to get every detail of him. 

I looked at the sketch of Sam, beautiful. I could see her cute nose, her pretty smile, her long golden hair and her big bright eyes. I could stare at it for hours. "Is it that bad that you have to look at it for more than a minute?" Sam asks with a frown. 

I wrap an arm around Sam and kiss her temple. I notice her smiling shyly and blushing. Woah, when was I brave and confident? Well thank you God. "It's incredible Sam. You are so talented." Sam blushes harder and kisses my cheek. "Thank you Freddie." We kept on talking for about 5 minutes. She was so interested in me. When I told her about me being an expert with technology, she actually seemed impressed.

I also told her about how my dad died when I was 5. She just rubbed my forearm and told me that her dad ran away from her. I kissed her forehead to make her feel better. Yeah, she blushed. She also told me about her love for music and cooking. I swear there was nothing this girl couldn't do.

Sadly, Jonah walked up to us and interrupted our conversation. You see, Sam and Jonah used to date. They dated for about a year and during that year, Jonah cheated on her by sleeping with some girl named Valerie. I could tell Sam did not want him to be around.

"Hey baby. You miss me?" Jonah was on some cruise two weeks after their break up. 5 months later... he's back. Woo pee! And now he's in my science class... even better. "Not a chance you two-timer." Jonah scoffed. "Babe, you got more feisty. Remember how you were feisty in bed?" SHE SLEPT WITH HIM?!

Everyone looked at me. Chiz! Did I say that out loud?! "Uh no, we never had sex. Although he tried to get in my pants." Sam stated. Jonah turned around to me and raised an eyebrow. He then lifted me up and slammed me against a wall. "Just leave you sad, lonely, ugly, useless, stupid, gross, pathetic daddy's boy. Oh wait, you have no daddy!" Everyone laughed at me except for Sam. I looked at her and tears were streaming down her face. She mouthed an 'I'm Sorry' but I ignored it.

I gulped and violently nodded my head before leaving the classroom. I know the bell hadn't ring yet but still, I wanted to get out of there. I ran to the boy's bathrooms and opened a cubicle and just sat there and cried. 

Sam's POV

I flipped Jonah to the ground and throw him against the wall. Thank god our teacher fell asleep and is such a heavy sleeper. I take one last look at Jonah and kick his ribs before running out the classroom to go find Freddie.

I run all around the school and he was no where to be found. I stopped in front of the boy's bathrooms and took a drink at the bubblers that were just next to the door when I heard crying in the boy's bathrooms. I automatically knew it was Freddie.

I zoomed straight into the boy's bathrooms (not caring that its the BOY'S bathrooms) and looked under all all cubicles to find Freddie. Luckily for me, no other guy was in here except for Freddie. 

I go into the stall next to him and climb over and jump back down to the ground. He's wrists all of a sudden had cuts on them. Was he a cutter? I kneel down (hesitantly because, it's the boy's bathrooms) and stroke his cheek. Freddie looks up and frowns.

"Go away Sam. You shouldn't even be in here anyway." I disobey his instructions. "No! Freddie, you're seriously upset and I just noticed you cut, I'm not going to leave or go away." He doesn't react. I gently push him a bit to make room for me to sit. 

I then lean my head on his shoulder and wrap my arms around him. He smelled like laundry detergent and cinnamon. Kind of heavenly actually. "Can I tell you a secret?" I whisper into his ear. All he does is nod. 

(A/N So I paused from writing this and I forgot what the secret was but oh well, I'll just wing it... teehee)

"Well, I kinda like you and kind of want to go on a date with you and be your little girlfriend. I like sweet, nerdy guys. Not big, buff baby men." Freddie looks up and smiles. Before I knew it, his lips were softly pressed against my own. Technically, this is not my first kiss. But I like to see it as my first real kiss.

We pull apart and both have goofy grins on our faces. "Thanks Sam. I really like you too." I'm excited for what our newly formed relationship could hold.

__________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry you guys had to wait so long for an update. More shit has happened and I'm just slowly recovering. But anyway, it's Winter here in Australia and it's so hot and sunny! And also, the anniversary of my school is slowly creeping and we get to have our own mini carnival/fair thing at our school instead of going to class! Sorry for any mistakes :)

-jeeesssiii ☯