One-Shot no. 63: iAm Just an Outsider

Again, another Buzzfeed inspired one-shot. Now, before you read... can you please follow my friend @starlight2015. Also read her book 'Returned'. It'll be awesome if you can and it'll probably make her day. So pleeeaaase just check out her book and her profile! I'll put her profile in the comments section if you are nice enough to check her profile out. Ok, Enjoy! __________________________________________________________________

Sam's POV

I've always been known as the different one. The unusual one. The lonely one. I could never fit in with everyone else and I could never be like everyone else. No matter how hard I tried, I was too different. I'm an outsider.

I walked into the school. I was wearing a coral-orange long sleeve with a yellow leopard shirt over the top. I had on a pair of dark washed denim Bermuda shorts and a pair of coral-orange converses. People say I could classify as a guy or as an ugly 5 year old girl. I had to admit, they were right.

I got to my locker and saw Carly and a bunch of friends. I'm friends with them... sorta. I just don't fit in. Carly doesn't be mean to me. I don't be mean to her. We're just both different. She can fit in, I cannot.

"Oh. Morning Sam." She smiles slightly. I just gave her a little wave and went back to getting my books for first period. I walk past Wendy and admire her outfit. She looked like a jockey.

"Wow Wendy! I love your outfit! You know, you kind of look like a jockey." I start imitating a jockey by pretending I'm riding a horse. She looks at me weirdly. "Is that a good thing?" I look at her with a 'duh' face. "Well obviously." She looks at me weirdly again. "Um, thanks?" She then walks away from me and my awkwardness.

I pretend that nothing had happened and just walked away. I walk past Freddie and he asks me something. "You like riding?" I hesitate to answer. "Whaaat? Pfft... no." I run away and don't look back. Although I saw Freddie shrug and went back to getting his books. Phew, at least that's over.

I go into the girl's bathroom because 1. I don't want to run into Freddie and 2. I need to pee. Once I got there and entered a cubicle, I could hear two girls talking about me.

"I'm kind of tired of this girly girl look. I want to change it up a bit and still look like a girl." Said one girl. Then another girl responded. "Something like Sam Puckett's?" I heard the first girl scoff. "I said change a bit and still look like a girl. Not change completely to look like a guy." I hear the two leave.

I step out of the cubicle and look at myself in the mirror. I do look like a guy.

~TIME SKIP: LUNCH~

Three periods down, only one more to go. It was lunch now. I had no idea of where to go. I overheard Carly talking about how they're gonna go down to the gas station across the school to get some snacks. I decided not to follow them.

I go into the cafeteria and grab the cheapest food there. Tuna rice balls with tap water, a stale cookie and a bruised apple. I don't have money and I'm not exactly rich, so I just go for the cheapest stuff they have every week. 

I go and find an empty table when I saw a bunch of girls that are in my class talking about the TV show Drake and Josh. "OMG! I swear I have fallen in love with Drake and Josh-" I decide to join the conversation. "I have fallen in love with Drake and Josh too! My favourite character is Megan. She's so humorous."

The girls looked at me weirdly. "What on earth are you talking about?" I look at them with a 'duh' face. Second time I've done that. "Drake and Josh, the TV show." The girls laugh. "Um, we meant the twins who look like Drake and Josh." I immediately get up, apologise and walk over to an empty table. 

I go and sit over at an empty table at the corner of the cafeteria. I get out my notebook and just start drawing in it. I see Jeremy or Germy walk over since the bin was right behind me. He couldn't help but noticed my drawing.

"What *sneeze* are you *sneeze* doing Sa- *cough and sneeze*." I cringe at Germy. "I'm just drawing little pictures." He looks at my drawing and smiles. "Oh! How cool is that! A tiger. Tigers are awesome." He then puts his tissue in the bin and walks away. It's was a bear... not a tiger.

~Time Skip: Friday Night~

I got detention for not paying attention in class and for just drawing tigers and sheep. For pete's sake. I was drawing a bear and a beaver. How much dumber can they get?

Anyway, so I'm here on a Friday night staying back for detention. It was pretty late for a detention. Once I get to the school, I see lights coming out of the gym and hear music playing. I look around and see that is was the school dance.

Carly sees me and instantly walks over to me. "Sam! Oh my gosh! Are you here for the school dance?" I shake my head. "Uh no. I have detention." Carly just awkwardly nods and waves 'goodbye'. I stand in the middle of the hallway, no where to go.

Just then Freddie comes by. "Hi Sam. How are you?" I don't answer his question. I just go straight to the point. "I have detention." Freddie just nods like Carly and tells me to take care of myself before running off into the gym. I never knew anything about a school dance... well I am an outsider.

~Time Skip: Monday Morning~

I get to school and it's like every other day. People ignore me and don't give a chiz that I'm here. Once I get to my locker, Freddie comes up to me and looks at my drawings that are stuck onto my locker. "Wow. You are an amazing artist."

I blush. "Thanks." I continue grabbing and putting away books while he just stares at my drawings. "Hey Sam?" I turn around. "Maybe you'd like to get some lunch sometime? You know, just the two of us?"

I grin and nod my head. He hugs me which I gladly hugs back. He then kisses my cheek and slips something into my pocket before walking away. I look into my pocket to find a slip of paper. I open it and see a small message inside it.

So what you're an outsider? I think it's beautiful

I guess being an outsider isn't so bad after all because... it looks like I got myself a boyfriend!

__________________________________________________________________

OH MY GOSH! That was so shit! And I know they're getting worst and worst by the minute. I'm just trying to update the best I could. Sorry for any mistakes :)

-iDreamAboutSeddie ☯