Protective

Requested by: @babyfcxes
who had a really great idea
***

FP had a bone to pick with Sheriff Minetta. The two were not looking eye to eye right now as things between the opposing sides of town were at its worst.

He sat in the lobby with a handful of Serpents awaiting to hear about Fang's state. He sent a couple of them home to rest. He didn't want to overcrowd the hospital and get in any of the medics' way as they were when they first arrived.

He fidgeted in his seat. He was getting anxious. His job was to protect his Serpents, specifically the younger ones. He didn't want to let them down as their leader.

He couldn't do more than wait it out. To his surprise Hal came in with blood all over him. Two theories came to mind. Had be gotten himself mixed up in the brawl between the north and the south? Or had the Black Hood attacked him for God knows what?

He decided to give Betty a call. One to figure out if his son was with her, after he mysteriously left. And two he thought the girl deserved to know about her father. He may not care about Hal, but Betty had a right to know, if she didn't already.

"Hello?" She answered. She was afraid to answer because it showed up as unknown on her phone and she felt a bad energy in her house.

"Betty, it's FP. I'm at Riverdale General. Is Jug with you?"

"Mr. Jones, no, I don't know where he is."

"Alright, if you see him, can you tell him I'm looking for him, okay?"

"Of course I will."

"Also, uh, Betty they just brought your old man into the ER."

"My dad? Is he hurt badly?"

"I don't know. He's bleeding quite a bit. You want me to check on him?"

"No. That's okay, Mr. Jones. I'm on my way."

"Just make sure you and your mom keep safe, alright? I don't know what your dad got caught up doing but just...just call if either of you need anything."

*

An hour or two had passed since the call and he was still loitering in the hospital. Murmurs were heard between the Serpents and other guests. The television in the lobby had switched to an incoming news report.

"Good evening to you all," The news reporter began. FP glanced at the screen and took a double take when he recognized the background perfectly. It was the front of Alice's house. In that moment he knew something was wrong. He gripped onto the arms of his chair to keep him steady. Was he dreaming? "I stand here on Elm St. to cover the nightmare that has been the Black Hood. His latest attack happens to have been in his very home." His own house? FP felt like the air was sucked out of him. He had to make sure he heard her right. "It has just been revealed that this town's perpetrator is no other than Hal Cooper. The Black Hood has been arrested with a head injury issued by his daughter in self defense whilst he attempted to strangle his wife to death."

His fingers were starting to lose their rich color as he balled his hands into harsh fists. Hog Eye watched him from across the room. He was waiting to see if he would explode. He knew that when the final tick struck he would go off.