Time Jump

Cole had described Jughead to be kind of like Kerouac, so in other words Jughead is going to fall into a drinking habit. It gave me this idea, having a gut feeling it wouldn't sit well with FP, for obvious reasons.
•••

Seven years had made a whole big difference in a place as crazy as Riverdale. Several things had changed for the town with pep. The children were all grown up. Some buildings were nonexistent. New things popped up here and there. Riverdale was not what it once was. Whether that meant that it was better or not was up for debate.

The return of certain people were being received in batches throughout time. FP had returned about two years ago after sending Jellybean off to college. Boy was he proud to have another Jones reach this milestone. He moved back to his hometown immediately after. He had kept in touch with Alice over the past few years and moving back was going to be a forever thing. They had a long conversation about it and in no time things picked up where they were last left off. FP moved back into their home and settled in perfectly.

Alice came down the stairs and looked over at FP in the living room staring down at the book in his hands again. His son was now a published author. He couldn't have been any more impressed by his son's accomplishment. His young man did that.

Alice walked up to him from behind. She wrapped her arms around his waist. He peeked over his shoulder to catch the sight of her long blonde locks.

"How are you feeling?" She had picked up on his strange behavior recently. Whenever he looked at his son's picture on the back it was like something shut down inside of him. She knew he was proud, beyond proud, but there was something else. "You miss him, don't you?"

FP placed the book back on the shelf. His son hasn't spoken to him since they were last in the same room. It was hard to cope with that awful feeling of estrangement. They had a massive falling out after a big argument of theirs. FP tried talking to him but it was like he was talking to a brick wall. Jughead made his choice and FP had to deal with it.

FP had gone to Jughead's apartment in the midwest to check up on him. When he didn't join him and his mother in the dropping off of Jellybean at college like he said he would, he knew something wasn't right. It was out of character for him to not follow through with what he promised.

FP showed up at his door unannounced. He knocked until he got him to open the door. The look on his son's face gave it away. It answered a few questions of his. His eyes were bloodshot. His hair was tangled in a mess. A red flag went off in his head.

The young man was shocked to see him at his door. He didn't want anyone to see him like this. He chose to stay away for a reason.

"Can I come in?" FP asked carefully, not wanting to get the door shut in his face. Jughead gave it a thought, but nevertheless stepped aside to let him in. Knowing his father, he wasn't going to leave without talking to him.

FP walked in and looked around. The energy in the room felt a little too familiar for his liking. He noticed the empty liquor bottles on the coffee table and another on the kitchen counter. He turned to look back at his son. Jughead avoided looking at him for that very reason. He knew exactly what he had to say.

"Jellybean missed you the other day," He started off gently. He wasn't diving into the root of the problem just yet. "What happened?"

"Something came up. I already apologized to her."

"And that something being?"

"I had work to do."

"Bullshit," FP found that hard to believe.