Kids

FP pushed the back door open and walked through the dining room to the staircase. Alice looked up from her book.

"Worked like a charm," FP showed her an accomplished smile. He turned to show her the sleeping toddlers on his shoulders. "I waited until they tired themselves out. It worked with Jughead every time when he was hyperactive." FP had the twins run around the backyard until they got their energy out. The three year olds eventually landed by his side to rest and slowly flickered their eyes shut.

"You're a genius, honey."

FP began to take the steps up to their room. Ever since Betty and Jughead moved out for college her room was changed to house Juniper and Dagwood. Alice pushed herself up from the couch to join him.

She leaned on the doorframe as she watched him lay the children down gently on their beds.

She and FP knew how cranky they could get when they don't take their daily nap. They barely managed their terrible twos phase. When they turned three they seemed to dial it down for them.

"How did you get more handsome putting them down for their nap?"

"Yeah?" FP covered Dagwood with his little blanket before making his way to the door. "Sexy like you?"

"No, but getting there." She cheekily smiled.

FP looped his arms around her waist. "You don't think I can be as hot as you?"

"Maybe you'll be lucky one day."

"Oh yeah?" His face inched forward. She closed the distance between them so he could kiss her. She giggled against his lips. "Now we can get some time to ourselves. How does a movie and cuddling sound to you?"

"Like music to my ears," Alice just wanted to have a relaxing moment to themselves. "You think there's anything good streaming on Netflix?"

"We still have the VCR. We can do it the old fashioned way. I know I still have some VHS tapes in a box somewhere in the attic. Who knows what movies I've got up there."

"I'll check the den for some. I might have some of my own."

"Okay, I'll meet you in the living room." FP let her loose. Alice made his way down as FP walked into the hallway and pulled down the attic ladder. He climbed up and looked for the light switch. He yanked on it.

As soon as the room lit up he scanned the room for the box. He hoped it was labeled. It would make things much easier. He found boxes in the corner. He took the time to search them and found the tapes. The box was full of movies and home movies. He picked up the box and carried it down.

He turned into the living room but didn't see Alice so he walked himself down to the den. She didn't hear his footsteps coming down. She was entranced by the video playing on the screen. "Did you find it?" FP asked. He set down the box on the table. His eyes shifted to the two little girls on the screen. He recognized them as her daughters.

Alice looked over at FP. "Look at how tiny they were," Her face softened. FP took a seat beside her on the small couch. "That's their little orange cat they used to have. Betty named it Caramel. They loved that cat so much."

"They're adorable, Al." He watched with her. "Look, I can see how similar Juniper looks to Polly there. She's starting to look more and more like her as she grows. Dagwood, on the other hand, got a mix of her and the Blossom boy."

"When did they get so big?"

They watched the entirety of what was on the tape.

Jellybean waved her friends goodbye from the front door. She let herself in. "Dad? Alice? I'm back." She announced, but all she was greeted with was an empty living room. She made it to the stairs, wanting to go up to her room, but her ears could hear talking coming from downstairs. She quietly followed the voices to the den.