Polly

Traumatic was one way to describe Riverdale. With all the chaos that fostered in such a town there was so much to dig into. All beginning on the fourth of July one summer. The spur that defined the death of Jason Blossom.

His death wrangled up a particular member of the Jones family. The Serpent King himself, FP Jones. The false conviction held up the profound estrangement between the man and his son but this father-son relationship was not the only one to suffer. A mother-daughter relationship was in the wrecks too.

Mother, Alice Cooper, later reverting back to her maiden name, Smith, felt disconnected to her daughters during this Jason Blossom fiasco. She was compelled to send her eldest daughter to the same place she had to be sent to at her age for falling pregnant with Jason Blossom's children. All under Hal Cooper's influence. The absence of Polly Cooper only drew Betty away from her parents.

The Cooper women further endeavored into a pitfall of despair with a serial killer attached to their name. The fear of the Black Hood kept Polly away. The torment of the Black Hood kept Betty enclosed. The wrath of the Black Hood kept Alice ashamed and broken. Hal's reveal as the heinous murderer only led up to the partaking of the organ harvesting cult that infested the town, which includes the excruciating mental abuse of the Cooper women. The end of the Farm left the baggage meant to be recovered in pieces.

Alice found her comfort and safety in her lover, FP. It was a twisty road to get there but she found her way back to the peace she utterly needed. That included their relationship with their long lost son, Charles. Betty had the same with her Jones boyfriend, Jughead. But it was Polly who found her help in a different way. She was enlisted into the Shady Grove Treatment Center. She spent an eminence amount of time there getting the help she needed but would be coming home soon.

•••

Dagwood and Juniper were growing up in a blink of an eye. They went from newborn babies born at the Farm to energetic toddlers now back home in Riverdale.

Alice stood Dagwood up on the bed. She was changing the little boy. She slipped a new, clean shirt on him.

FP laid on the bed with Juniper sitting by his side. She would inch forward to touch his hair and giggle every time he would shake his head when her fingers would get entangled in his curls.

"Can you pass me Juniper now?" Alice set Dagwood free and he crawled across the bed to FP. "There's the little man," FP gasped. He lifted Juniper up and handed her over to Alice. Dagwood reached for his floppy hair. "Oh, you too, huh?" He pulled the boy closer and tickled him. He let out sweet giggles too.

"Mom," Betty knocked on the open door. "Charles just called. He said he'll be here with Polly in a few minutes."

"Ok, thank you, sweetheart." Alice finished up with Juniper. "You heard that? Your mama is coming." The little girl babbled about who knows what. She scooped her up into her arms and pressed a kiss on her cheek. She walked out of the bedroom with the two year old. FP followed behind with the other one.

The couple sat on the couch together. FP pulled Alice closer to him. She pecked a kiss on his lips. "They're being extra sweet today." Alice looked down at the twins. They were looking back up at the pair with smiles on their faces.

"I think they grew on me," FP whispered into her ear.

"Maybe it was the way you helped me take care of them." Alice stroked her fingers through Juniper's hair. "I was afraid they would forget who I was. I never got the chance to see them grow up from the start with Polly away. They then stayed at Thistlehouse for the longest time."