Farm

Betty sat in the chair in shock as she waited for FP to come in. Jughead stood behind her with his arms securely wrapped around her.

"So your father showed up at the dance tonight?" FP came in flipping through the file in his hand. He took a seat in his chair.

He was certain his team identified Hal's hand from the accident. It was definitely his. He had even called Alice to give her the news. They weren't really talking these days, but he knew he had to tell her. Alice appreciated the call, but that was it for that.

Betty didn't want to claim him as his father, "The Black Hood is back and he's out there somewhere."

"It's not just somebody pulling a twisted prank on us, right, dad?" Jughead asked. He wanted to be one hundred percent sure about what they were dealing with.

"It was him, Jug. The whole thing was just to get me alone with him. He got what he wanted." Betty's face displayed the horror it was to know her father escaped prison. "He's out there somewhere. He's working with the Gargoyle King."

"Now there's two serial killers roaming the town that we need to keep an eye on."

"He's probably going to target the Farm next. I told him about my mother's engagement to Edgar when I last visited him in prison." FP was caught off guard. He drowned out her voice as he thought about Alice being engaged to another man. "Edgar even wants to adopt Dagwood and Juniper after they marry."

FP put down the folder calmly. "Your mom is engaged?" It was like a sting to the heart hearing those words.

"Yeah, as if things weren't already crazy enough."

He also couldn't stop thinking about the danger that was still out there. The sinister Hal Cooper was now connected to the game that drew him and Alice apart decades ago. Things were definitely not okay. He had to make sure she was okay. "Jug, take Betty home." FP pushed his chair back and stood up. He walked over to the coatrack to grab his jacket. "Make sure Jellybean is okay too. Lock the doors and don't open for anyone." FP opened the door for them. "Actually, never mind. He could easily show up there." He couldn't risk having the kids home alone. A part of him sensed that Hal would want to go to their house. "All of you go next door to the Andrews house. I know Fred's out of town on a business trip right now, but I'll give Mary a quick call. I'm going to be out late."

"Wait, what if he does something? He's dangerous, Mr. Jones."

"Don't worry about it, Betty. My top priority right now is to keep you all safe. Just stay together and give me a call if I'm needed, okay?"

"Okay," Jughead nodded and walked Betty out. FP stopped them momentarily. "Wait, Betty, do you know how to get to that farm?"

"They've moved into the Sisters."

***

FP parked outside of the Sisters of Quiet Mercy. Just looking at it gave him the chills. This was where Alice was forced to come all those years ago without him knowing? Where their son lived a majority of his life? He could only imagine what went on in there. It did not look promising.

He tried going through the front door, but it was obviously locked. He pushed one of the many windows open and climbed in. He flashed the light down the dark hallway. He assumed that everyone was asleep so he lurked around trying to find wherever Alice was. He didn't think it was going to be easy doing it unnoticed since there were so many doors to open.

He quietly looked around. Alice was on the other side of the building looking for clues she needed for the investigation. To her fortune she had a general idea as to where many things were considering the time she spent there. A few things have changed since the Farm took over.