Stick Around

I was rewatching the movie The Place Beyond the Pines and it feels so Falice like. I highly recommend it. It inspired me to write this with the movie in mind. I got creative with some parts. Changed up some of these specific scenes.

*

It was about that time of the year when Riverdale hosted their annual fair on Pickens Day. Everyone in town came to enjoy this event. From cotton candy to burgers, carnival rides to live performances, the many people from the town with pep came for a good day's worth of entertainment.

Alice Smith was familiar with the fair. She has attended it every year since she was a child. It was not like it was in her youth, but it never was a disappointment.

This year she found herself waiting to watch the motorcycle stuntmen do their act like the year before. She took a seat in the back as it was about to begin.

The crowd was loud, talking amongst each other as they waited. There were three motorcyclists, all known by their stage names. Two were already inside getting prepared for their performance. The tallest of the three being Tall Boy and the brawniest of the three being Mustang. The last one of the trio was yet to appear. Seeming as he was the big name of the show he had to be there in order for the show to commence.

That very man came in wearing his signature leather jacket. Alice's eyes followed his every move, the relaxed strut that signified his lack of concern and the spitting out of his gum.

She watched him walk in and over to the other two men. He passed the emcee on his way to his motorcycle. "Alright folks. The thrilling moment we have been waiting for." He began to introduce the act while FP climbed onto his motorcycle. "To your left you have our favorite giant of a man, Tall Boy." A wave of cheers came from the audience. "And to your right you have our wildest terror, Mustang." The craze was almost taking over. "Lastly, in between, you have the heartbreaker himself, FP." FP pushed his head into his helmet. He then looked at the other men and nodded. They slowly went over to their dome of motorcycle madness. "I present to you Fantastic FP and the Serpents."

The latch was closed behind the three motorcyclists. Their motorcycles let out a roar to pump the crowd up. No one dared to blink. They didn't want to miss a single thing. They were on the edge of their seats.

***

FP stood outside the tent giving a bunch of kids the thrill of a lifetime by talking to them. Alice watched from afar. It wasn't long until he noticed her in the distance. He handed an autograph to the young boy in front of him and stepped away from the children.

"Still going by Fantastic FP and the Serpents?"

"Well of course, sounds a hell lot better than anything with Forsythe, Gerald, and Marcus."

Alice glanced up at his face. He was looking at her intently. "Do you even remember my name?"

FP smiled at her with a subtle chuckle. "It's Alice, but I liked to call you Al. Do you remember what the P stands for?"

"How could I forget something so ridiculous?" She shook her head. "Pendleton."

"Keep your voice down," He gestured for her silence. "Someone could have heard you." He looked around. He paused that to look at the amused look on her face. "It's getting late. Would you like a ride home?"

Alice contemplated the offer for a bit. She nodded yes and they were off. FP arrived at the house in a matter of minutes.

Alice climbed off the motorcycle and stood beside him. FP took his helmet off and stared at her. His mouth opened slightly to say something, but no words came out. Taking another glance at her, however, changed that. "Would you like to do something while I'm still in town?"