Kiss

***

***

"Heads up," Fred tossed FP a water bottle from the refrigerator.

"I want an honest opinion, Freddie. Do you think it's a good idea?"

"FP, you love her, man. If it feels right, do it."

"But what if it's a bad call? I've ruined things in the past. I don't want to lose her again for being an idiot."

"Talk to her. If you want to be with her you two need to figure out what you two have going on. And to be quite honest I know you both still have the hots for each other. That hasn't changed one bit."

"She makes me happy," FP gushed. "I don't even have the words to describe it. She understands me. She accepts me for who I am...even when I don't deserve it. She's so good to me."

"I've never seen a woman treat you the way she does. She loves you too much." Fred smirked. He could see his face light up by just talking about her.

"I can't imagine myself without her. I enjoy her presence," FP went on and on about what he loved about Alice. "She does this thing where she snuggles up next to me and traces my tattoos with her fingers. Something about her touch just feels so damn right. I'd do anything for one of her kisses."

"Yeah, she's not a bad kisser." Fred casually said.

FP's eyebrows knitted together. "How would you know?"

Fred realized what had managed to slip out of his mouth. He didn't really think much of it so it came out so naturally. "Well...uh we did see each other for a very short amount of time." He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

FP looked at him shocked. He was genuinely surprised. He had no idea. "When was this?"

"High school," Fred answered honestly.

"Before or after me?" He couldn't help but wonder.

"After..."

"You had a thing with Alice after me?"

"We both knew it didn't mean anything like that. We just found comfort in each other at the time. We were all going through a tough time." Fred explained. "Besides, and I don't mean to offend you, but you didn't really take her seriously then."

FP sighed. "I know, but something about that just doesn't sit right with me. A part of me wants to be mad at you because you're my best bud, but the other part of me knows to be mature about this. We're not in high school anymore. We're grown men. You're right. We didn't really have a label on us and we already drifted apart whenever that entanglement happened. That's why I want to change that." FP couldn't find himself to be mad at this man. He did feel a little jealous about what occurred but it was in the past now. "I think I'm just afraid that if it did work out she would have been lucky. You would have been the perfect guy for her."

"FP, I highly doubt that would have happened. She wanted you. She always has. For God's sake she had your child."

FP stared at him. "That means you kissed her when she was carrying my kid." He reached over to smack his shoulder.

"I-" Fred rubbed his shoulder. "Well yes but we didn't know."

FP fondly shook his head. "Wait until Charles hears about this."

"Where is he anyway?" Fred asked.

"He's sticking around. He's probably even next door with Alice now that I'm coming to think of it."

"You two must be happy to have him home." Fred was happy for them. He could only imagine how ecstatic they must be to be reunited with their son.

"We are," FP smiled. "I just hope that I can fix things with her. An official relationship would mean everything. Of course we would have to talk to the kids, but we can work the kinks out later."

"I wish you both the best."