Wait

I think this could serve as a part 2 for both Charles and Runaway since it was requested for both.
*

Alice had never expected to have her son back in her life. She had expected him to be detached from it. Not that she wanted that. The opposite really. She just expected that the right would have been taken away from her the second he was taken out of her life. She wondered if this was even a deserved gift. She had him go through so much. It was her fault. Wasn't it?

She always hoped he had the best. That's all a mother could want for her children. She had the best intentions when it came to them. Even when certain things weren't the best things in the world.

So when she saw him laughing and smiling in the flesh it was like a dream come true.

Her daughters have grown attached to their new big brother. The little girls were on top of him claiming that they were able to pin him down easily. He sat up and trapped them both in his arms. "Not so fast," He smirked. "It's not that easy, is it?"

Alice didn't want to interrupt their sweet moment but she had to. "Charlie, honey, your father's going to be here soon." FP and Alice have agreed that Charles needed more things to feel at home. Alice had been the one to take him in for now due to the lack of space in the trailer. FP was able to offer him some of his older clothes to use in the meantime. It has been over a week now so clothes of his own would be nice.

"FP's coming?" Hal groaned as he came down the stairs. He still wasn't amused by Charles's resurface, especially when he learned that he wasn't the father in the first place.

"Is Juggie coming for a playdate?" Betty asked.

"I don't know honey. He might have stayed at home." Alice answered.

"Are you coming with us?" Charles asked curiously.

Alice didn't consider going yet. She had assumed this was going to be a father-son thing. "If that's what you want."

"Yeah, why not?" Charles shrugged. He saw no issue with it.

"I'd love to," She smiled.

"Alice," Hal began but Alice shot a glare at him. He wasn't taking this away from her and that was final.

The knock on the door announced FP's arrival. He was ten minutes late because it took an argument with Gladys to finally get going. She, like Hal, was not ecstatic about Charles. FP didn't care. He was his son and he was going to love and provide for him.

Alice excused herself to answer it. She pulled the door open and greeted FP with a smile. "Hey, he's ready."

"Great," He was alone. He left Jughead and Jellybean with their mother. "Sorry I'm a bit late. Had a minor issue before coming."

"It's really no problem."

FP nodded and looked over at Charles who was standing up. "All ready?"

"Yeah," Charles said. "Oh, and mom's coming too."

"You are?" FP looked at her. He didn't mind one bit. He would love for her to come.

"Yes, is that ok with you?" She asked a little insecurely.

"Of course it is."

Hal glared at him from the back. He still didn't approve of his wife spending time with FP.

"Okay, I'm just going to grab a jacket and I'll be right down." With that Alice went upstairs.

"Chuckie, you can wait in the truck." FP tossed him the keys to let him in.