Drunk

FP parked his truck in front of the trailer after what felt like a long day. He turned to look at the empty duffel bag in the seat next to him. He hated what he was doing with a passion, but it was the only way to make ends meet. He shoved it away from himself. He tilted his head back and let out a heavy sigh.

He reached a hand out towards the handle and pushed the door open. He stomped up the steps into the double wide.

The two children sitting at the table turned their heads to look at the door when it opened. Their father stepped in. His stress turned into a smile upon seeing them, his pride and joys.

"Daddy," The four year old girl squealed upon seeing him. She dropped her fork onto her plate.

"Jellybelly," FP scooped her up into his arms and kissed her cheek. She giggled as his beard tickled her. "Whatcha eating, baby?" He asked as he fixed the red ribbon in her hair.

"Spasgetti," She showed him.

"Spaghetti, huh? Yummy." FP set her back down on the chair. "You better finish it before I get my hands on it."

"No!" She gasped. She grabbed her fork quickly and attacked her dinner, making him laugh. He looked over at his son. "What about you, boy? How are you?"

"Okay," He picked at his food. He was avoiding looking up at him which his father did notice.

Gladys appeared at the end of the hallway into the kitchen. She leaned against the wall with her arms crossed. "About time you're home." She did not greet him with the same amount of enthusiasm as their daughter.

"I've been busy working all day." FP stated firmly. He had been moving drugs from one place to another for the money they desperately needed at this point. As well as working at the construction site for hours beforehand. She knew that very well. She had done her fair share of runs when Jughead was old enough for school, but stopped when she had Jellybean.

"Well with you gone guess what I had to deal with all day," Gladys said unamused. FP looked at her confused. "Go ahead, Jug. Why don't you tell him about today?"

"What happened?" FP knitted his eyebrows together. He looked down curiously at his son. The boy stared down at his hands, ashamed to have to explain.

"I got a call from Riverdale Elementary. Your son now has a juvie record, how about that?" She sarcastically told him.

"What are you talking about?" FP said, finding that hard to believe. "He's ten. What could he have possibly done?"

"Don't ask me. Ask the boy who almost burnt down his school playing with matches."

"It was an accident," Jughead finally spoke up on the matter.

FP was shocked. He knew his son was a good boy. He could never see him causing trouble. "What happened, Jug?" He calmly asked him, but the disappointment could be heard in his voice. "That doesn't sound like you."

"It was an accident," Jughead quietly repeated. "I was just trying to see how big I could make the flame, but it caught onto a curtain."

"Where did you even get your hands on matches?"

"It caused some damage in the cafeteria. We can't afford to pay for his mistakes." Gladys pointed out. FP pinched the arch of his nose in response. "You know better than that," She smacked Jughead upside the head.

FP swerved his head to look at her. "Hey, it was an accident. He knows it was wrong. We'll deal with this."

"How do you intend to pay three thousand dollars worth of damages? On top of the medical bills we're behind on!"