The Hit (Version 1)

6x10 Beverly Hills 90210 inspired. I've been binging it lately.

FP hears the bell above the door ring but focuses on cleaning the booth in front of him. He looks over his shoulder when he feels someone standing behind him. "May I help you?"

"I think you know what I want," Hal crosses his arms.

FP flaps the rag over his shoulder. He turns his body to face him. "And what's that?" He raises an eyebrow.

"I know you've been having an affair with my wife."

"I don't know what you're talking about," FP shrugs unimpressed.

"Bullshit."

"Even if we were, you two are separated. She can live her life however she pleases."

"My marriage is none of your business. Worry about your own."

"I'm in the middle of a divorce," FP laughs. "You should consider just giving it up. She doesn't want you, Coopy."

"I'm not giving up on our marriage. Stay away from her," Hal glares at him. "Or else."

"Or what? You're gonna tell my wife? You try reaching her for me. I could use an address to send the papers."

FP picks up his bus bin and walks around him to the kitchen. He is not at all threatened by Hal Cooper. He finds it funny if anything.

But Hal Cooper is serious. He'll stop him from seeing his wife one way or another.

+

FP and Alice both pant in the back of his pick-up truck. Alice smirks when she sees she got him exactly how she wanted. "I told you I learned a little something new for you."

"You never fail to amaze me," FP kisses her.

"Rest up," She taps his thigh. "I have something else up my sleeve for round two."

"Round two?" FP drops his head onto hers. "Baby, I'm gonna need a good break after what you pulled on me."

Alice giggles to that. He smiles and takes her hand. A good thought is then plagued by her soon to be ex husband. What he said to him didn't worry him in regards to his relationship to Alice, but he wondered if she knew he knew about them.

"Al, does Hal know about us?"

"Huh, no, we've been careful." Alice tells him. "Why do you ask?"

"He confronted me about it at work the other day. Pretty sure he knows."

"What we do is none of his business, Jonesy." She strokes her fingers through his beard. Her touch is soothing to him. "I know we've been sneaking around, but that's for the sake of the kids. We both know they won't be ready for the idea of us yet, if ever actually."

"I know, it's just that it got me thinking." He gently taps his fingers on her knee. It tickles her a little. "Once we both finalize our divorces, of course, do you see us going public with our relationship immediately? I don't think I can sneak around forever. I wanna show my beautiful girlfriend off."

"You know I'd love that too. A handsome man like you deserves to be seen by the world."

"When do you think that'll be?" FP sighs. "Our exes aren't exactly doing their part. Hal is still trying to win you back and I don't know where Gladys is. She's supposed to be at her parents' place in Toledo but I haven't heard anything from her after we discussed getting a divorce."

"Hal has tried, but it's never going to work. You're the only man I love," She takes his cheek into her hand and kisses him on the lips.

"I love you too. I just wish it were easier for us."