Hal

FP walked up to his gym locker after what felt like an eternity of football practice. The Bulldogs were piling in behind him but he kept his distance.

He wasn't a social butterfly when it came to making friends. He couldn't consider any of the other players to be his friends.

Lone wolf is how he kept things, of course with the exception of Fred Andrews. That guy was his only true friend. He was a Babe Ruth with a bat and an Eddie Van Halen with a guitar.

He did catch the eye of various girls around school though, but it was never anything that satisfied him. He couldn't find a connection with any of those random girls he fooled around with.

"So, what's it like?" Marty walked alongside Hal.

Hal took his helmet off and sat on the bench to take the rest of his gear off. "What?"

"Alice, dumbass." Marty stated as if it were obvious. "Come on, how is it? She rough you up? Any kinks? What's it like with a Serpent, man? You've hit it, haven't you? You must have. She could spread-"

"I did." Hal threw his jersey at him to shut him up.

"You sly, sly dog." Marty tossed it back at him. Hal smugly laughed with him. "My man."

"Those girls are a thrill. You just have to learn how to tame them."

"How in the world did you manage that?"

FP shoved his gear harshly into his locker. He was listening to every word that came out of their mouths.

Hal was about to say something but his attention shifted over to FP. "Take it easy back there."

Marty turned to look at him. "Better yet how did you manage that, Jones? You had your fun with her first. She get feisty with you?"

FP slammed his locker shut. Hal had a snobby look on his face. "Trailer trash wouldn't know how to satisfy a girl like that." After the gossip went around about FP lying about where he lived Hal didn't let him live it down. He stood up and faced him. "That's why she left you, ain't it?"

FP balled up a fist and swung at him. The hit threw Hal back a step. Hal unclenched his jaw. He charged right back at him and threw a fist of his own. FP gripped onto him and shoved him against the lockers. The rest of the boys crowded around them and created a ruckus watching the scene.

Coach Kleats blew his whistle. "Hey! Hey! What's going on in here?" He shoved his way into the middle. "Knock it off! Boys! Stop!" He grabbed FP and pulled him off of Hal. "Don't be idiots! Fighting is not permitted on my team!" FP huffed. He was breathing heavily with all of this rage building up inside of him. "What do you have to say for yourselves?" They remained quiet which was not a suitable option for their coach. "Office, now. Get out of here." FP threw his hands up in the air. He walked himself out. "You too, Cooper. Off you go."

"Me? He started it."

"Go!" He sternly said. He pointed to the door. Hal sighed and left behind FP.

Principal Featherhead sent both of them home but FP was the only one suspended for the following week. Hal would be getting a few days of in school suspension.

FP got home and tossed his letterman jacket onto the couch. Forsythe stood in the kitchen with a beer in his hand. "What are you doing here this early? Shouldn't you be in school?" FP ignored him. "Hey, I'm talking to you. Talk when spoken to."

"I got a week's worth of vacation thanks to some preppy."

"The hell for?"

"Nothing," FP scoffed.