Home is Where the Heart Is

It's safe to say that FP Jones misses his beloved Alice. Will he admit? No. It's not because he's ashamed of loving her. He loves her immensely.

He's trying his best to be in Jellybean's life, and that includes not leaving Toledo for her sake. He believes she needs a stable home life with both of her parents to manage that, something he didn't have.

By not admitting how hard it is to miss her, he thinks he can make their separation work.

However, Jellybean knows how much it kills him to have left Alice behind. She feels guilty for having needed him to drag her out of that town.

She doesn't think her father knows, but she's caught him watching the Riverdale news online just to see Alice. They don't talk as much as they used to on the phone anymore. It hurts her father too much to hear her voice and not being able to be with her.

So when the teenager finds him outside working on his truck, she finds a way to bring up the idea that's been on her mind.

"Hi, daddy!"

FP turns to the sound of her voice. "Hey, Jellybelly." He smiles and pecks a kiss on the top of her head when she approaches him. "Whatcha up to?"

"I could be asking you the same thing. It's cold out here."

"Well, this thing needed a good looking at. I can't exactly use the bike in this weather. The roads are too icy this time of year."

"Speaking of this time of year. When's Juggie coming home for winter break?"

"I'm sure he's finishing up finals right now. He'll be home soon."

"Is he coming here or Riverdale?"

"Here, of course." FP states as if it were obvious. "We're here."

"Wouldn't he be spending it back home in Riverdale."

FP frowns. "What do you mean? This is home now, pumpkin."

"What about Betty?"

"He probably made plans to go visit her sometime over break, but he'll still spend the holidays with us."

Jellybean takes a risk with her next question. "What about Alice?"

FP stops what he's doing. He has a feeling to where this is heading.

"Come on, dad. Don't you miss her?"

"Of course I do, but that's not the point."

"It is so. It's my fault we had to leave." Jellybean sheepishly says.

"Hey, it's not your fault. Riverdale was just too much. Besides you missed living with your mom. Aren't you happy here?"

"Are you?"

"I'm happy when you're happy."

"Daddy, you loved her. She loved you." Jellybean tells him. "At first I was mad about it because I thought you and mom would patch things up, but honestly after seeing how much she lit up your world...I knew it was for the best that you didn't. Mom may not always be a good influence. Alice brought out the best in you. She gave me my dad back. I could never thank her enough for making you happy. I would fully support you if you were to go back and make things work with her. Even if it was gross seeing you two be so damn lovey dovey."

FP cracks a small smile. He's touched. "You really mean that?"

"You may love a couple of people in your life here and there, but you only ever fall in love with your soulmate. Daddy, you can't keep losing her! You won her back after two decades apart. Are you really going to let that hard work go to waste?"