Sisters of Mercy Part 5

"Shoot one." She ordered. "A mortal wound- anywhere but the head. The rest will take care of themselves." No, she wouldn't do that. This is Addy, right? Fun loving, happy-go-lucky Addison-fucking-Carver. Flashbacks of her laughing and smiling danced in my head, the happy flashbacks slowly fading into darker ones. Memories of her sobbing at Tobias', how since the tornado she hasn't smiled as much, to what she did to poor old Chester's body.

She slowly raised the gun, aiming right for the leader's chest. Helen stopped her.

"Oh, not this one. The other one."

"Addy, wait!" Warren shouted as she ran over, myself hot on her heals. Addy ignored us and aimed the gun at the younger guy that was freaking out.

"I swear I... it wasn't me, I- please please I wasn't-" Addy cocked the gun.

"Is this really necessary?" Warren sneered to Helen as I grabbed the barrel of my friend's lethal weapon.

"Addy, please don't do this." I begged.

"You don't want to get in my way, sisters." Helen warned us, her voice low and threatening. Two 'sisters' took a step towards us, guns ready but not raised. The young man continued begging, but I didn't bother listening to what he said. My full attention was on the red-haired female in front of me, whose grip on the gun was tight.

My grip on the barrel was even tighter.

"He's lying." Helen reminded Addy as she walked up and started whispering quickly in her ear. I couldn't quite make out what she was saying, but I heard 'Tobias' and 'cannibals'. So that's how she's getting to her. Before I had a chance to say anything-

-Addy pulled the trigger.

I hissed in pain as the bullet grazed the outer edge of my palm and held it close to my chest.

"Good girl." Helen praised Addy as she slowly took the gun from her. The gang leader screamed from behind us, but the sheer pain in my hand tuned everything out. "It's time to go." A couple of the girls freed the two enslaved ones and took the bikes as Warren dragged me back to the Jeep.

"Let me see." She ordered as she grabbed my wrist, attempting to pry my arm from my chest. Shakily, I held it out. It was bleeding- a lot- the wind from driving causing the blood to blow around to the back of my hand.

Addy didn't say anything as she just watched.

Warren pulled her trusty red bandana out and wrapped it around my palm tightly.

"Amy can stitch that up for you when we get back." Helen tried to act all sweet. Oh hell no, you are not pulling that on me.

"I'll be fine." I sneered through gritted teeth.

"Stop here." Warren ordered when we got close to the gate. Whoever was driving obliged, and Warren jumped out. She helped me out and we jogged to our boys, not looking back to Addy as she rode back inside the walls.

"What happened?" Tommy shouted when he saw my poorly-wrapped hand, the three of them running over to meet us halfway.

"Helen." I muttered as I watched him grab my wrist, wincing slightly as he untied the bandanna.

"What the hell did she do?" 10k sneered as my fresh, still bleeding wound was uncovered. I was caught off guard by his question- both because he swore and because I've never heard him use that tone before.

"She was trying to get Addy to shoot someone. Alrrami grabbed the barrel and she shot anyway." Warren explained as Doc and Mack ran off to grab the medical supplies.