Welcome to the Fu-Bar Part 2

When we entered the bar, everybody looked at us- probably due to Doc's over dramatic way of opening the doors. The first thing that caught my attention was the sound of an electric guitar. Next was the lime of people at a table- presumably for signing up for the contest. Then, it was Murphy rushing up to us.

"Hey, you gotta do something about her; I'm not waiting for anybody." He motioned to Warren, who was drinking away her sorrows at the bar.

"I know, Murphy; keep your shorts on. Have you seen a guy named Wanamaker?" Doc questioned the man.

"What, are we making friends now?" Murphy retorted sarcastically. Doc decided he's had enough and walked towards the center of the bar.

"Anybody know anybody in here named Wanamaker?" He announced, causing all of the patrons to look at him. I hid behind 10k in pure embarrassment.

"Who wants to know?" The bartender questioned. Doc turned to look at him as he spoke.

"Oh, we're just lookin' to trade. You know, just a little business. Yeah, my friend said he might have a vehicle." Our older friend explained what Sketchy had told us.

"Yeah, Wanamaker's got cars." The bartender confirmed.

"Do you know where he is?" The barkeep didn't answer, he just looked over Doc's shoulder. We followed his gaze to a man passed out and snoring under a table.

"It's never easy for us, is it?" I muttered under my breath to 10k and Cassandra. They both shook their heads.

We followed Doc over to the man in question and watched as he crouched down to peer under the table.

"Uh, hey!" His only response was a snore. "Uh, hello?" He tried again.

"He's not gonna wake up." Some drunk guy spoke up from the table Doc was currently crouched beside. "Once Wanamaker's down, he's down. Check back in 48 hours."

"We don't have 48 hours." I reminded Doc quietly, who just waved me off.

"Well, what about you? You look like a car man."

"I don't drive cars, I drive machines." Tomato, tomato.

"Any, Uh, machines you'd be willing to let go of?"

"Depends." I shifted uncomfortably next to 10k when the man eyed Cassandra and I with a creepy gaze. "What'd ya got to trade?" Cassandra flipped him off as Thomas stepped in front of me threateningly. I stepped forward so I was next to him once again. It's cute that he wants to protect me, but I can do that myself.

"Keep it up and it'll be your life we trade." I sneered. 10k didn't pinch me this time, instead he just wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"Don't worry, darlin'. You're not worth it. Ain't nothing as sweet as the Formanmobile." The what? This guy is for sure wasted.

"What about that 50 calibre first prize?" Doc suggested. Man, stop wasting your time with this loser. He's not worth it.

"Ha, even if you do win, and that's a big 'if ', the Formanmobile is not for sale. Biodiesel, solar-powered, quiet as they come. Kitchen, bathroom, fully regenerative internal plumbing system; complete with Marine grade PEX fittings. Built in we got an NSV machine gun, flamethrower, cattle gun, grenade launcher, doom whistle- plus the usual wheel spikes; all that." 'Forman' took a deep breath and leaned back in his seat.

"Look at me teasin' ya." He let out a breathy chuckle before continuing. "Ain't no way you're getting your hands on my baby." Doc seemed to have had enough of Forman's drunken rambling, so he turned to us.