Full Metal Zombie Part 2

(A/N)
This chapter has a huge chunk of filler in it because I didn't want to do a huge skip between them getting their truck back and contacting Citizen Z, so I decided to take it upon myself to add a little more to the story. Enjoy!

——————————————————————

"Bastards." Warren muttered mostly to herself as she stopped the junker we were oh-so kindly gifted. "Looks like they're trying to rob some poor family this time." She observed as we clambered out- and off- of the vehicle that was far too small for the nine of us.

"Not if I have anything to say about it. Come on." Garnett stated heroically as we all followed him towards the scene ahead.

"Would it matter at all if I say, 'don't do this'?" Murphy asked, struggling to exit the back of the buggy.

"No." I replied, not bothering to grace him with any sort of glance in his direction. As we approached the robbery, Garnett didn't hesitate to raise the barrel of his gun to the back of the gang leader's head as the rest of us aimed at the men next to him.

"Drop your weapons on the ground." Garnett ordered before warning them. "Or the next shot takes your head off." The father of the family of four spoke.

"You heard the man. Drop your weapons!"

"Now." Garnett started to speak as the robbers placed their weapons on the ground slowly. I glanced to my right and had to do a double take at what I saw. The rest of the post-apocalyptic gangsters were on the other side of the truck on their knees with their hands behind their heads. Shit.

"Garnett." I muttered to grab his attention. When I had it I nodded my head towards what I had just discovered.

"What's this?" Garnett asked the family, taking a slight step back.

"A robbery." The father declared before him, his wife and their little boy and girl pulled out their weapons and lay down heavy fire on the gangsters, killing them all. My group stood shocked at what we had just witnessed before raising our weapons when the family turned to us.

"Drop your weapons now, I don't wanna have to kill you." The father ordered us. With annoyance flooding through our veins, we all dropped our weapons- most of us with attitude.  The family of four jumped in our truck and sped off. I threw my gun over my shoulder, not even flinching when it slammed back down on my spine.

"It's one of those fucking days, isn't it?" I sneered, kicking a pebble off the road. That was the closest thing I had to take my anger out on- unless I decided to choke Addy who was standing a foot to my left.

"Never get outta the boat." Doc muttered. We all dragged ourselves back to our not-so-trusty junker and took our previous places, except Mack and Addy switched places with Doc and 10k, and Garnett was driving.

We drove for another five minutes before Murphy decided he'd had enough. "Yo, can't this thing go any faster? I'm gonna die of old age before we get to California."

"You're not gonna die of old age because I'm gonna kill you first." I warned through the roof of the car, causing chuckles from most of my team- everyone but the man himself.

"You can always get out and push." Warren suggested mockingly.

"No, not me sister. I'm special." Murphy retorted.

"Oh, that's funny. I have a special bullet with your name on it right here if you don't shut the hell up." I warned. Okay, maybe I have an attitude today. Can you blame me?