Zunami Part 1

"Hey, hey, hey! Another quiet Saturday night here at the top of the world." CZ's broadcast rang through a radio we had found not too long ago.

"If you can hear my voice, let me just say I'm glad you're still alive!" Yeah, barely.

"The Great Zombie Zunami of 03 continues to pound the prairie into dust, headed South from Nebraska into Kansas."

"Aren't we somewhere in Nebraska?" I questioned, my voice a low mumble.

"Mhm." Tommy, who was laying next to me in the middle of the road, gave very little effort into an answer.

"This hive-minded crowd of 1,000,000+ zombies is crushing everything in its random path, so watch your ass out there. Keep your hands and feet inside the boat, and don't feed the animals. This is Citizen Z, signing off."

The end of CZ's broadcast casted silence over us, as we all sat, or lay around.

Tommy and I were laying next to each other on our backs. He held up an old shirt, twisting it to squeeze any sweat out. He succeeded, a couple drops going right into his mouth.

"That was disgusting."

"I don't care."

Cassandra wasn't too far from us, crawling over to an old, severely rusted can. She grabbed it, holding it up to her mouth as if expecting any sort of sustenance would be expelled from it, only to sadly set it back down when nothing came out.

Warren was leaning against an old car, trying to drink any water that may have been in its radiator fluid reservoir. That, too, was bone dry.

Doc was standing in an alley, his back to all of us. He was attempting to pee in a bottle. Apparently, this didn't work too well as he zipped up, turning back around to us and sitting next to Cassandra on the sidewalk.

"I read once that you could drink your own urine; but all I'm pissin' is dust." He sighed, tossing the bottle into the road. Murphy walked casually in front of Warren, holding his arms out to his sides.

"Water isn't gonna find you just sitting there." He pointed out, looking around at all of us. Warren attempted the reservoir one more time before giving up, resting her hands on her knees.

"Why are you so freaking chipper?" She grumbled.

"I've been wondering that myself. Maybe it's because I conserve my precious bodily fluids." I rolled my eyes, not paying much attention to what anybody else was doing.

That was when the rumbling started. It was a familiar noise, the same one we heard as we left Sketchy and Skeezy's set up.

"What is that? Is that an earthquake?" 10k groaned out as he turned his head in the direction.

"Maybe it's your stomach." I joked, sitting up on my elbows.

"More like a zombie quake." Doc made the terrible pun as he stood, helping Cassandra up.

We were all sitting up now, staring to the North of us as the enormous- no, bigger than enormous cloud of dust made its way closer to us; the silhouettes of zombies could be seen peaking through the kicked up dirt.

"Can't they just fucking quit?" I grunted as I forced myself to stand, ignoring the screams of every dehydrated muscle in my body.

"I suggest we run for it." Murphy stated as he turned around, sprinting in the opposite direction. Warren dropped the radiator as she hunched over. Murphy turned at the noise and jogged back, continuing to jog in place next to our leader.