Fracking Zombies Part 2

"Woah, woah, woah." Garnett tried to regain control of the situation. Warren had her gun trained at the biker's head as she walked up to him and knocked his knife out of his hand, checking him quickly.

"Hey now, it's not a Z." She looked at us. Everyone relaxed slightly at this news, but that didn't stop us from keeping our weapons trained on him.

"Yeah, no bites here. 100% alive." The biker attempted to reassure us, to very little effect.

"What happened to your friend?" Garnett interrogated. I was wondering the same thing as I glanced at our surroundings, not in the mood for surprises. Something felt weird about him.

"Turns out he had other friends of low morals. Took my ride." The guy explained. "Horse thieves should be shot." He added unnecessarily.

"You should choose better friends." Cassandra told him monotonously. Something seemed off, as if the two knew each other.

"Good ad-vice." He stuttered slightly when he looked at Cassandra, and his demeanor changed for a moment. Warren lowered her weapon before speaking.

"What can we do for you, one peaceful group of humans to a lone traveler?"

"Could use a lift? Sure wouldn't want to spend the night out here alone." Murphy wasn't fond of this request.

"Sorry, we ain't running a taxi service." He sneered, and for once I agreed with him. Something wasn't right about this whole situation. Bad vibes everywhere. Garnett responded quickly.

"Which way you heading?"

"Anywhere but back. Word is there's a hoard on the move south, on the New York side? I see you're scrounging for gas. You know like we used to say, 'ass, gas or grass'." He looked around at our slightly confused, very unamused faces before continuing. "No one rides for free?" He paused and waited for someone to say something, and spoke more when he didn't get a response. "I know where you could fill up."

"Now would be the time to share that information." I responded, cocking my gun to make him speak faster. His voice was quickly becoming annoying.

"Place called Jersey Devil Refinery. Maybe five miles off, just off the turnpike."

"How do you know there's gas there?" Warren asked, suspicious. I'm on the wagon of suspicion too, Roberta.

"Got overrun day number one. All the tanks are still full, just rusting away."

"Alright." Garnett put his gun away. "Take us to this refinery. If there's gas there like you say, you can ride with us to the next outpost." The guy smiled.

"You won't be sorry." He bent down to grab his weapon, and in an instant we all had our weapons trained on him again. Warren reached down and grabbed it for him, her gun in hand.

"You got that right." She handed him his knife slowly, pointing her gun at him threateningly.

"Let's get out of here." Garnett put his weapon away, the rest of us following suit. "New guy's gonna ride with me and Warren, everybody else load up in the truck."

We followed the instructions given to us, and I jumped into the bed of the truck with 10k and Addy as everyone else piled into the cab. Once everyone was set, we started our way to the refinery- hoping for the best.

3rd Person POV

As Operation Bite Mark drove through the wasteland of the apocalypse, Cassandra spoke up from the passenger's seat of the truck.

"So, are we just gonna pick up every sketchy loser at every place we stop?" Murphy spoke up from his spot behind her, muttering.

"Well we brought you along, didn't we? Besides, nobody consulted me." Mack rolled his eyes and leaned forward from his spot next to Murphy to speak to Doc, who was driving.