Welcome to the Fu-Bar Part 3

As we started running back to the truck, followed by the girl, myself and 10k got separated from Doc and Cassandra. I watched as Thomas hit a Z with the butt of his gun before shooting it as the girl shot one in front of her. I piked another with my knife before the three of us stood back-to-back in a defensive circle.

"I'm getting low on ammo!" The third member of our little party shouted over the chaos surrounding us. Thomas and I checked our clips.

"Me too!" We both shouted.

"Where are these Z's coming from?" 10k shouted.

"I don't know, but where the hell is my dad?" The girl sounded concerned as she looked around frantically.

"We can't wait much longer!" I warned as I shot a Z that was sprinting towards us. Just after my shot went off, I heard somebody shout from someone named 'Brittney', and recognized it as the girl's father. Oh, that's her name.

"There he is!" Brittney shouted as we jogged towards him.

"Brittney!" He shouted again, in a panic. He moved slightly to the right, and that's when we saw the zombie that was hot on his heels. Brittney raised her weapon and took her shot, only to met met with a click. She tried a few more times, each resulting in the same, sad fate. She's out of ammo.

Thomas and I raised our rifles and both took the shot, the Z stopping in its tracks and collapsing as Brittney's father made it to the fence separating us.

"2,205." 10k counted out loud.

"Nice shootin' kids! Come on Brit, we gotta go!" Her father shouted as she jogged over. 10k and I shared a glance before following her.

"Wait!" We shouted as we caught up. I took the M82 off my shoulder and held it out to her.

"Here, take it." 10k offered. Brittney gave us confused glances.

"You need it more than we do." I encouraged, nudging it closer to her.

"Brit, we gotta go!" Her father reminded her. This seemed to snap her back to reality as she took it from my hands and put it across her own shoulders.

"Thank you." She breathed out, kissing 10k's cheek and giving me a hasty hug. "He's a keeper." She grinned to me as she jumped the fence and followed after her dad.

"Good luck kids!" Her father shouted as they ran off. I chuckled slightly as we ran in the opposite direction to find our group and the truck.

"We're good people, right?" I asked 10k as we ran.

"Yes!" He yelled back as we made it to the truck, seeing the rest of our group waiting for us- ready to go. Warren seemed to be looking better, as she's back in the driver's seat and a smile crossed her features at the sight of us.

"Hey!" Thomas yelled to the group as we jogged over, only to be tackled by a sneaky zombie and shoved against the side of the truck.

"Shit!" I shouted as Warren got out, raising my rifle. Click. You have got to be kidding me. Throwing my rifle to the ground I pulled out my pistol. Click, click.

"I'm out!" I shouted frantically as I pulled out my knife.

"Get him!" 10k shouted as he grappled with the monster.

"I can't get a shot!" Warren shouted, her gun raised.

"Hold him steady, kid!" Doc shouted from the passenger's seat.

"I can't!" He shouted back. Every time I thought I had an opening to pike it, 10k would have to shove it back again. Just as the panic was settling in, a hole was shot straight through the Z's face. We all turned to see Brit standing from behind a car, holding the M82. We smiled at her as Doc pulled 10k to the car.