Chapter 1

Hey, everyone. This is a side story/sequel to 'How to make your teacher fall in love with you.' It's an idea which has brewed in my head for years, and I'm finally getting around to writing it (thank you, lockdown). I had previously published this first chapter as a bonus chapter in the other book, but now I've edited it to fit the new concept I have in my mind. I hope you enjoy this, please let me know if you do :) 

Photo: Sean Michigan

Chapter 1 - Sean's POV

The whole ordeal started just after I'd been videotaped making a pass at a suspect in her own home. I usually had the upper hand in these kinds of situations, but in this case, Ella Campbell had managed to defeat me. I was trapped - she was going to hold this over me if I told my superiors what I'd found out about her and her twenty-eight year old teacher/boyfriend.

I was aware that I was pretty much a douchebag, who used my power and privilege to my own advantage. Many people knew that. What they didn't know was that I was not working on my own this time round. I was working for someone. And I'd failed my mission.

I looked around the station, eyes blazing. What the heck could I do to make myself feel better? Thrash the room? It wouldn't be the first time I'd have done it, but it would take too much effort for me to put everything back in place afterwards. Plus, the cameras were on.

Kill someone? No, that may be a bit too much.

How was I going to explain that I'd failed the one thing I'd been instructed to do? I'd taken my reward already, I'd been given enough drugs to last me six months.

Maybe I needed to let myself cool off for a little while, maybe I could feel better by doing just that.

I slammed my fist on the table. Damn. No, I wasn't going to cool off apparently.

I exhaled. Really, damn. How was it that an eighteen year old had managed to get her own way around me? Since I'd started my job as a police officer, I'd always gotten what I wanted, always behind the excuse of law and through threatening people to out them if they didn't oblige. But Ella had acted out differently and gotten her boyfriend to help her out, and in the end they got the upper hand out of it, with me looking very ugly if I were to be reported. I shuddered. How had she even chosen him over me anyway? I was better looking, and probably better at everything we both did. I narrowed my eyes. Not that she let me try anything with her. The girl was way too intelligent for her age.

This was the moment I realised I could do something to rectify the situation. Revenge, if you will. At first I thought about filing a report against them, then realised that it would turn against me. And then it came to me, an offer on a silver platter: I was offered the opportunity to get revenge, in exchange for more of what I wanted. I wanted the thrill of all this, I wanted drugs. And I got both. What I hadn't anticipated was that this decision would change my life.

Ella had an older brother whose name was Malcolm, and who used to attend therapy sessions for drugs. That meant only one thing: he either used to be a drug addict, or was still one. And by asking people and hanging out around him, I found out that he used to be, but wasn't anymore.

I reflected upon that, and realised that my job was going to be more difficult than I thought. But it was worth doing if it meant that I would get revenge on Ella and her teacher boyfriend, and you know, getting my stash.

This would, of course, be the most horrendous thing I had ever done as a police officer. But it was not like I hadn't done similar stuff before I became an officer, and even after. I lived quite the colourful life. I had just been lucky that I'd gotten in the squad at the right time and was able to do whatever I wanted, thanks to my father knowing important people.