forty nine

-
Holly
-

| 10:45AM |

Macy, Dakota, Lola, Liz and I are gathered around our own little Christmas tree in the corner of our bedroom as Juliet hands out the gifts Harry bought for each of us specifically.

So far, Macy's gotten lots of yoga and meditation essentials as well as sporting equipment and Liz has gotten paint, canvases, a sketch book and watercolour pencils.

"Next ones for Dakota!" Juliet says, handing the gift over to Dakota.

Dakota takes the pink lid off of the blue box. Dakota squeals like a little girl as soon as soon as she sees her gift. She got collections of her favourite books. The Hunger Games collection, the Divergent collection, the Harry Potter collection, the Twilight collection, and to top it off, her favourite ever books, Paper Towns and Perks of Being a Wallflower.

"Ooh! Next ones for me!" Juliet says.

Juliet got a pair of pearl earrings and a pair of beautiful custom made ballet shoes. This is a perfect gift for Juliet. She loves ballet.

"Oh my god," Juliet looks at the ballet shoes, "I love them!"

While Juliet is busy acknowledging her beloved present, Lola gets hers from under the tree.

"Wow, just wow." Lola rolls her eyes as she stares plainly at her gift.

Lola shows us her gift. It's a book titled: How to Control Your Anger. We all can't help but giggle.

"Oh, wait," Lola flips through the pages of the book, "there's a CD!"

Macy snatches the CD off Lola to have a look, "Who are the Arctic Monkeys?"

Lola sighs, "Uh, my favourite band?"

"Oh! I've heard Louis talking about them before" Liz says.

"Hmm... Funny that." Lola says.

"Uh," I raise my eyebrows, "so where's my present?"

"Um.." Juliet looks around the tree, "Oh, here it is"

I get the gift box from Juliet and open it. There's nothing inside. Just a note that reads 'Meet me in my room xx - Harry'

"What is it?" Macy asks.

"Oh, it's a gift card for Forever 21" I lie.

"Oh, cool!" Liz smiles.

"Merry Christmas, girls" Dakota says, and we all hug.

"I'm just gonna go wish Harry a merry Christmas." I say, leaving the room.

I walk to Harry's bedroom and knock on the door.

"Hello." Harry says, only his head peaking out of the door.

"Can I come in?"

"I've only got a towel on"

"Nothing I haven't seen before" I mimic Harry from a previous conversation.

Harry laughs and opens the door to let me in.

"Merry Christmas." Harry says, closing the door behind him.

"Merry Christmas!"

"Close your eyes" Harry says.

After a short while, Harry comes back. With my eyes still closed, I can tell he is putting a necklace on my neck from the cold feeling my skin gets from the chain.

"Open" Harry says.

I look at my reflection in the mirror. The necklace is absolutely stunning. It's silver with a pretty heart charm embedded with little tiny diamonds.