sixteen

-

Holly

-

I walk out of Mina's bedroom and follow her directions. I turn left, then turn the knob on a door I'm guessing will be leading to the bathroom, but it's not, and a scream of fear and mixed emotions leave my lips as I get the biggest shock of my life. I can't believe what I'm seeing with my eyes. Dozens of girls' dead bodies. What makes me even more terrified is that I notice one of the girls' bodies. It's Kylie's.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" Mina rushes towards me. I don't reply, I just stand in front of the room of dead bodies, shocked.

"Holly, this isn't the bathroom"

"I know, w-what is-"

Mina cuts me off, "you're leaving now, Harry's downstairs"

"Oh, okay" I follow Mina down the stairs, and I walk over to Harry, who is talking to Zayn at the door.

"We better get going, bye" Harry nods at Mina and Zayn. I wave before following Harry into his car.

"Why'd you scream?" Harry asks me once he turns on the car.

"I- Nothing" I decide I'm not going to tell Harry about the room with dead bodies. One, because it doesn't matter, and two, how would he react?

| Harry's Dollhouse |

"The other dolls are sleeping, so be quiet. Goodnight" Harry says to me.

I run up the stairs and into the bedroom. Surprisingly, all the girls are awake.

"Where have you been?!" Evie asks, worried.

"With Harry, we went to Zayn's for a bit" I answer, again leaving out the dead body situation.

"For 'a bit' ? You've been gone for hours!"

"It's none of your business" I say, walking into the bathroom to wash off my makeup and brush my teeth.

"Whatever, lights out girls" Juliet says. All of the girls turn off their lamps, I walk into the dark room and successfully find my bed, and fall into a deep sleep.

| The Next Day |

I still have so many unanswered questions about The Dollhouse and Zayn's dead body room. I'll have to talk to Mina about it, definitely not Zayn or Harry.

"Holly, can you please pass me a sponge?" Lola asks me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I throw her the sponge.

"Um, girls, I'll be back, just asking Harry something" I say, excusing myself from cleaning.

I walk down the hall and find Harry. I run after him, and once I get to him I'm puffed.

"Hey" I say.

"Aren't you supposed to be cleaning with the other dolls?" Harry asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Uh, I am, I just wanted to ask if I could call Mina"

"You don't have a phone"

"But you do"

"How do I know you're not going to call the police?" Harry crosses his arms.

"I promise"

"I don't believe you"

"Fine, you dial Zayn's number and I'll talk to Mina then?"

"Fine" Harry reaches his hand into his pocket, taking out his phone. He dials Zayn's number and tells him I wish to speak to Mina.

"Here, you have five minutes" Harry says, passing me the phone then walking away.

"Hello?" I say into the phone.

"Hi!" Mina says, happily.

"I wanted to ask you about the room I found yesterday"

"Holly I"

I cut Mina off, "Please, I need to know"

"Fine. Zayn calls it 'The Death Room'. Whenever he has to do someone's, uh, dirty work, he hides the body in that big room" Mina explains.

"Why was Kylie in there? I thought he left her body out in the woods?"

"No, he put Kylie in The Death Room"

"Who were the other girls in th-" Harry cuts me off by swiping the phone away from me. He hangs up on Mina and instructs me to help the girls clean.

"I was talking, Harry"

"Don't be sassy"

"I can be if I want"

"Go help the dolls clean" I don't bother to debate whether I should clean or not with Harry, I just follow his orders and find the other girls.

I can't find the girls, they're not cleaning so it must be our free time.

I walk to the bedroom door to open it, but hear my name. Oh my god, they're talking behind my back. I stay behind the door, spying on them to hear what they're saying.

"I know right, I think she's starting to love Harry" Dakota says. I cringe. Love Harry? Pfft, no.

"Ever since she started hanging out with him, she's gotten bitchy" Sarah says. Those bitches. I won't confront them of what they're saying, I'm smarter to leave it to the end, so I knock on the door, pretending I was never there.

"Come in!" Macy yells. I come in. The girls are all sitting in a circle, Evie and Juliet lying down.

"What're you doing?" I ask.

"Just... Talking" Evie says, sitting up. I join their circle and sit next to Liz.

"How was Zayn's yesterday?" Lola asks.

"It was good, Mina is lovely"

"Ugh, don't be fooled. She's a total bitch" Juliet says. I gasp. Mina? A bitch? Please.

"You probably don't have a good relationship with h-"

Harry cuts me off by opening the door. "Holly, Mina's on the phone, she wants to talk to you"

Juliet rolls her eyes as I get up and answer the phone. I walk down the hall so I'm alone and no one can hear Mina and I's conversation.

"Hello?"

"Holly, we have to continue our conversation" Mina says.

"Right, so who were the other girls in The Death Room?" I ask Mina.

"Jasmyn, Elda, Maya, Maddie, Hannah, Emma, Pas, Lexi, Lindy, they're the only girls that I personally knew though"

"Why do you only know them?"

"Duh, because of the rule. I'm Zayn's 'perfect doll'"

"What's a perfect doll?" I ask, confused.

"I've said too much. Bye Holly"