fifty nine

-
Holly
-

I read off the bright screen of Harry's iPhone over and over again just to comprehend what is written on the text. I'm in shock.

'Have you and Holly escaped yet? I don't want $10,000 anymore, you've been taking too long. I want $20,000. Hopefully see you soon - Lauryn x'

Lauryn.

I thought Harry and I's escape would've been the opening to a new and wonderful life, but I suppose not. Lauryn's back into the picture and I cannot be more scared. With all the horrifying events that have occurred in the past week, Lauryn's been the last thing on my mind; she and her mysterious messages and notes.

What does Lauryn's text even mean? It sounds almost threatening... Like a ransom or something. Why does she need Harry's money?

I grab Harry's phone from the bedside table and type in the password. I saw him enter it a while ago.

I immediately press on the messages application and go onto Lauryn's contact. Before reading over the recent message one last time, I start reading previous messages.

Lauryn: I murdered Vincent. Easy job. He's nothing of a man.

Harry: Good. I can always rely on you, Lauryn. Thank you.

Lauryn: Let me guess... You're gonna tell Holly that Zayn murdered Vincent, not me? Why do you always tell her lies like that?

Harry: Well, I have to. I don't want Holly knowing about you... She keeps gathering information about you from notes and things. She can be nosy.

Lauryn: Has she ever mentioned me to you?

Harry: Yeah. I get really nervous whenever she does. I have no idea what to say...

Lauryn: Don't say anything about me to her! Just say we're friends... Well, we are. Make sure she's not snooping around your things.

Reading Harry's messages with Lauryn makes me all the more curious and paranoid. Who is Lauryn? What does she even do? Is she a murderer? Well, shit, of course she is, she murdered Vincent... But why would Harry lie to me and tell me Zayn murdered Vincent? Why would Harry lie to me at all...

Tears begin to spring into my eyes as I read some more messages from previous conversations between Harry and Lauryn.

Harry: Merry Christmas, Lauryn. Almost finished?

Lauryn: Almost, my love. Merry Christmas.

'my love'. Oh my god. I can't even bare to read the text messages anymore.

Suddenly, the shower water turns off and Harry comes out of the bathroom with just his underwear on.

"Are you okay? You look a bit tense..." Harry asks me, putting on a pair of jeans.

I quickly wipe a tear away. "I'm fine, thank you."

"You're acting a little weird..." Harry says, buttoning up his shirt before sitting down next to me.

I cross my arms. I don't want to speak to him at all. I'm trying to fight my extreme anger with silence. When I speak up, nothing ever ends well. I'll just have to speak with him about Lauryn tomorrow. I don't even want to look at him right now.

"I'll see you in a bit." Harry stands up.

"What the? Where do you think you're going?" I ask him with a frustrated expression worn upon my face.