epilogue

-
ANONYMOUS
-

The asylum walls are filled with grief as nurses and doctors swarm around, looking stressed and exhausted.

Dr. Clive, the head of the asylum is reading over his paperwork. He works like a dog to provide safety and help for the mentally ill. Always creating new drugs to help his patients.

"Holly," Dr. Clive says to a blonde-haired nurse.

"Yes?" Holly says with a bright smile.

"Can you check up on Patient 89? Nurse Maxine says he's acting up again."

Holly's face immediately flushes. "Patient 89? Um... Okay. Yeah, I can do that."

Holly walks through the halls of the asylum, looking for the dorm room of the famous Patient 89. There were always rumours about him. Some called him the 'pure definition of insanity'.

Holly was scared of him. Even the thought of Patient 89 sent chills down her spine. He had some obsession with her. It made her anxious whenever she was ordered to check up on him.

But somehow what came out of Patient 89's mouth always seemed so interesting to Holly; his twisted mind wasn't normal at all and the sense of difference was captivating to the doctor.

Holly knocks on the door before opening it gently. She discovers a curly haired man playing with creepy looking rag dolls. It looks as if he created them whilst here.

"Doctor... You are so, so beautiful. This is you." Patient 89 says, holding up a doll with button eyes and yellow string for hair. The patient's green eyes are bloodshot and his skin is pale and sickly.

Holly, or Dr. Parker, had worked at the asylum for only a year, but she knew where everything was and who all the patients were. All patients were different but Patient 89 was on a whole new level. Patient 89 would always compliment her, call her 'darling' and ask for things. Holly couldn't just avoid taking care of Patient 89 - it was part of her job.

"H-Henry-"

"My name is Harry. You know that, Holly." The mental man says.

"Why do you always... Play... With these dolls?" Holly asks Patient 89.

Patient 89 stares at the nurse intensely with his eyebrows furrowed and his heart shaped lips forming a devious smirk.

"Because, Holly," He says.

Holly listens in, inching closer to hear the mental man clearer.

"I love my dolls, and they love me."