fifty seven

-
Holly
-

"Harry...Holly..." Elsie says, looking nervous.

How strange to see Elsie, of all people, here. I thought Zayn let Elsie go so she can follow her dreams and attend the art school she wanted to go to, but obviously, that fact is incorrect.

"How's art school?" I ask, awkwardly.

"Art sc- oh, yes, yes. Art school is great." Elsie says. She's an awful liar.

"Funny seeing you guys this far away from The Dollhouse." Elsie says, pulling out a chair from the table next to us and sitting down.

"Um, yeah." Harry says.

"Found your killer yet?" Elsie asks.

When the words leave Elsie's mouth, shivers are sent down my spine. I don't recall ever mentioning a killer in The Dollhouse to Elsie...

"What?"

"What?" Elsie says in a defensive tone.

"Can we just order now?" Harry says.

"Sure," Elsie rolls her eyes and takes out a small notepad from her apron pocket, "What would you guys like?" Elsie stands up from the chair.

"Two grilled cheese." Harry says, nodding a thank you.

Elsie scribbles the order down on her notepad and quickly scurries away without bidding goodbye.

The situation with Elsie was just plain awkward. I remember her telling me Sientistic, the art school she is 'attending', isn't even in England. It just doesn't make sense. Why would she lie?

"Well," Harry says, "that was awkward."

"Has Zayn mentioned Elsie since he let her go?"

"No... Not to me, anyway."

Harry and I chat for a few minutes before I excuse myself to go to the bathroom.

When I walk into the ladies room, I do my business and just sit in the toilet stall for a short while, thinking.

When I get out, I see Elsie is washing her hands. I go to wash my hands next to her.

"Ah," Elsie says, "we meet again."

"Haha," I awkwardly laugh, "yep."

After washing my hands, I try and walk past Elsie to exit, but she blocks me away from the door.

"Can't we chat?" Elsie says, putting her now dry hands on my shoulders.

I sigh, "Hello."

"Hey, Holly."

"So... How's art school?" I awkwardly ask. Jesus, can't she just let me leave the bathroom?

"Fine. How are you?"

"I'm okay... So, where's you art school located?"

Elsie sighs, "Paris."

"Paris? What're you doing in London waitressing at a coffee shop, then?"

"I gotta save up for a ticket to go their, duh. I'm almost at my goal financially, so hopefully, I'll be in Paris soon."

"Seems cool."

"It is."

Elsie and I awkwardly stand alone in the ladies bathroom, our arms are crossed as I look around, avoiding conversation.

"Let's talk about The Dollhouse" Elsie says.

"Why would you care about The Dollhouse anymore?"

"Because once you're out you miss it a bit, just a warning."