seventeen

-

Holly

-

"Dolls, I have an announcement" Harry says, standing up from his chair at the end of the dining table, "this Friday we'll be visiting Niall and Fran's house for dinner, so Holly and Dakota can meet them before the New Years party in a few months"

This Friday... Four days away. I can't wait to meet Niall and Fran, hopefully Fran is as lovely as Mina.

"Ugh, not Fran, she is a total bitch" Evie whispers to me.

"Really?"

"Yeah, she's really rude. Last time I saw her, she locked me in Niall's dungeon for a 'joke' and besides that, she's just a bitch, really"

"It should be fun meeting her" I say, sarcastically.

"Yeah, but Ara and Janet are great, they're really nice"

"What are your thoughts on Mina?"

"I don't try too often talk to her when I see her, we don't get along"

"She's lovely" I say.

"Well, she hates me"

I didn't really think of Evie and Mina hating each other, both of their personalities match.

| After Dinner |

The girls and I are cleaning up after dinner and as usual, the kitchen is a complete mess and it's our responsibility to clean and pack everything up. Even though it's unfair, if we disobey Harry god knows what he'll do. Even though Harry has changed a bit, he is still the most bipolar person ever.

"I'll collect the forks and knifes" Dakota says, helping me pack up the dining table.

"It's okay, I can do it on my own"

"What? You're scared of the thought of me with a knife?" Actually, Dakota, I am.

"No, haha, just go help Macy with the dishes, I'll be fine" Dakota walks off to help Macy.

Ever since Dakota's been in The Dollhouse I've felt so uncomfortable to be even near her, which is weird, because we used to be inseparable. She's just changed. Not for the better though, definitely for the worse. Before she entered The Dollhouse, she was a sweet girly girl; kind hearted and respectful to everyone. But now, she's a psychotic murderer who is most likely responsible for Jess and Anna's death.

"What're you thinking about?" Juliet asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, nothing"

"I really need to ask you something, Holly" Juliet changes the subject.

"About?"

"Harry. But let's go into the hall, I don't want to talk about it with the girls listening"

"Okay"

Juliet and I walk out of the dining room, making sure no one can hear us.

"Yeah?" I ask Juliet.

"What do you and Harry talk about?"

"Noth-"

Juliet cuts me off, "Don't say nothing. I need to know. You trust me, right?"

When Juliet says the words 'You trust me, right?', it just brings flashbacks from the night our friendship took a huge turn. I still don't know if I even trust Juliet, yet if I have to choose, she'd be the girl I most trust in The Dollhouse.

"Yeah, I do trust you" I gulp as Juliet smiles. She remembered the night as well.

"We talk about the other dollhouses, each other, anything" I answer Juliet's first question correctly this time.

"That's how it starts"

"What?"

"Don't fall in love with him. He-" Juliet and I's conversation is cut off by Dakota opening the dining room doors.

"What're you guys doing?" Dakota asks.

"Just talking"

"Oh, what about?"

"None of your business" I say.

"Whatever, we have to get ready for bed, so let's go upstairs"

| Before Bed |

The girls and I are all in our matching pyjamas, playing 'Would You Rather'; probably the worst game ever made. It's basically filled with either sexual questions, irritating questions or depressing questions.

"Would you rather drown or burn?" Macy asks.

"Burn" Evie, Liz, Sarah and I all agree as the others disagree and answer "Drown"

"Both are horrible" Liz says.

"I've seen a guy burn once" Macy says as we all cast our attention to her random statement.

"Um, nice to know?" Juliet says, springing sarcasm into her speech.

"Yeah, it was at a circus, there was this guy juggling, like, ten fiery bowling pins, and one caught fire on him, then the next, then the next"

"Oh my god, Macy" Sarah says.

"I've seen a guy drown before" Liz joins in on the conversation.

"We don't want to know" Lola holds up her hand to stop Liz before she speaks again.

"Hey, were on this topic so why not?" Liz argues.

"Go for it" I say to Liz.

"I was on a plane with my friend, Lynn, we were going to California for the summer, and out the plane window, as we were really close to the airport, we could see a person drowning and gasping for air in the ocean"

"What the hell"

"That's awful"

"How was California?"

"A person drowned in the ocean and you care about her Californian holiday, Macy?" Lola says.

"I love Calif-"

Macy is cut off by Harry opening the door, telling us it's lights out. We all turn off our bedside lamps and fall into deep sleeps.

| 5 Hours Later |

I wake up with a cold shiver running down my spine. I roll over to check the time. The digital clock reads: 1AM. Great, I've woken up in the middle of the night again.

I look around the room and notice the bathroom door is slightly open, leaving light to creak in.

I walk over, quiet as a mouse, to the bathroom door to see if anyone is in there. I stop in my tracks when I see Dakota standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom. What is she doing? I decide to stay outside the bathroom door, and just spy to see what Dakota is even doing this late at night.

About two minutes has passed and Dakota is just standing in front of the mirror, reviewing her reflection. But next, she finally does something instead of just standing in front of the mirror. Dakota reaches into her makeup bag and gets out a sharp, metallic knife. This can't be good. Dakota still stands there, she looks at the knife while a few tears spring into her eyes. I'm still confused at what Dakota is even doing, but as she holds the knife up above her chest, the sudden realisation hits me as I witness what she's about to do.

A/N: omg