forty

-

Harry

-

"Where are we? It's freezing!" Holly complains, her beautiful golden hair blowing around in the wind.

"You say it's freezing but before you requested we have ice cream?" I laugh.

"Hey, what the hell, it's never too cold for ice cream," Holly giggles, "please just tell me where we're going, Harry!"

"Just a few more steps, darling" I say, as I keep my hands covering Holly's eyes for the surprise destination.

"I almost tripped over!" Holly laughs.

"Okay..." I take my hands away from Holly's eyes.

I decided to take Holly to a beautiful beach, the breezy wind flying past quickly, the air cold and sky grey as the moon is about to set.

"This is so pretty" Holly says quietly, looking over the fascinating view of London and the lovely beach.

"I like going to the beach in winter" I say, wrapping my arms around Holly's waist. At first she's tense and hesitant, then she feels comfortable.

Holly and I walk in the sand until we find a nice place to sit, just in the middle of the beach, us seeing the full overlook of the faint night stars and the ever so slowly setting moon.

"I believe you promised we have ice cream?" Holly smiles widely as I roll my eyes at her.

"Ugh, seriously, Ho-"

"Look! There's an ice cream shop just up there!" Holly says, pointing to the ice cream shop.

"We just sat down, darling."

"Please!" Holly whines, emphasising the 'e'.

"Fine, whatever, let's go get ice cream."

Holly and I stand up, and walk back up to the top of the beach where the road is, hand in hand. But as soon as Holly spies the ice cream shop, she runs up to it, me laughing and catching up to her.

"Two scoops of chocolate mint, please" Holly says to the cashier.

"You're such a child, Holly"

"What're you getting?" Holly asks me, as the cashier goes to make Holly's ice cream.

"Eh, I don't really like ice cream."

Holly's jaw drops, "You don't like ice cream? I don't wanna be alone with an ice cream I'll look like a child."

"Well you wanted i-"

Holly cuts me off, "Make that two double scoops of chocolate mint, thanks." The cashier nods.

"I said I didn't like ice cream"

"Yeah but you probably haven't tried chocolate mint because it's delicious"

When our ice creams are ready, Holly and I both get ours and I pay the man.

"You're such a little kid." I say, playfully pushing Holly, as we both walk to our spot on the beach.

Once Holly and I sit back down on the beach, a freezing breeze zooms past us, along with the ocean that rises up and up on the sandy shore but not close enough to Holly and I.

"They've already got Christmas decorations up" Holly says, pointing to a surf shop higher up, that's dazzling with Christmas lights.

"Well, yeah. It's November 19th. Christmas is coming up."

"Do we do anything for Christmas at The Dollhouse?" Holly asks.

"We all have a Christmas party, usually at Liam's. But that party is nothing compared to the New Year's Eve party we hold."