sixty one

*picture of Elsie attatched*

-
Holly
-

"I didn't tell Harry anything. He didn't tell me anything, either. We talked, just not about the topic needed to be spoken about." I tell Elsie about my day with Harry before letting a sigh escape my pink painted lips.

Elsie arrived at the motel about ten minutes ago, and coincidentally, Harry left ten minutes ago to see Zayn... Or as he says. I hope Elsie and Harry didn't run into each other, that'd look like a tsunami of unappreciated awkwardness. Also, I don't want Harry knowing that I've been seeing Elsie. I know how Harry is and he can get extremely suspicious.

Elsie sits down next to me on the bed. "So, now it's my time to talk. I want to ask you a few questions. I just want to know what you already know."

"Okay." I say as I sit comfortably cross legged on the bed with Elsie.

"So," Elsie tucks some of her hair behind her ear, "I would assume you know Lauryn... Does she know you? Like, have you guys met?"

"No, we haven't met. She knows me, though... Probably knows more about me than she should."

Discussing with Elsie about how much Lauryn knows about me scares me in a way... It makes me think she can be anywhere, just staring at me and mentally gathering my weaknesses.

"You've seen her face before, though. Right?" Elsie asks, grabbing out her MacBook from her bag.

"Actually... I haven't. I assume she's pretty, though. Harry seems really... Interested in her." I say, my face transforming into a scene of sadness. It always hurts to even think of Harry being with someone who isn't me.

Elsie pulls up a picture of who I assume is Lauryn on her MacBook. My predictions were proven correct. I don't see a single flaw in Lauryn's dark complexion as I scan over her pretty face. You can literally get lost in her beauty.

"Fuck, you're really staring at this picture. This is Lauryn from when I met her a while ago."

I snap out of my jealous gaze, "She's so beautiful. Of course Harry loves her more than me."

Elsie shuts her MacBook and places it back in her bag. "Holly, you're very beautiful."

As Elsie strokes my cheek with her cold, comforting touch my expression turns confused. I can't decipher whether Elsie somewhat has a little crush on me, or if she is just an affectionate friend.

Elsie scoots closer to me. "You don't believe me?"

"What do you mean? (a/n: good song)" I ask Elsie, staring deeply into her electric blue eyes.

"Do you believe me when I tell you you're beautiful, Holly?" Elsie asks me with a smug emotion worn upon her face.

I've always struggled with insecurities, and it makes me sad to think this because the only time I love myself is when I'm with Harry. He makes me feel so beautiful. Now, he makes me feel like a brainwashed idiot. It's funny how fast things can change.

"Um," I awkwardly chuckle, "I don't know."

"I think," Elsie says, looking down and swirling circles on my knee with her fingers, "you're very beautiful."

Elsie seems somewhat stubborn and nervous to compliment me. I can tell she doesn't say nice things often. It's warming that she has the courage to say something kind to me.

"You're a great friend, Elsie. Even though we've only been reconnected for a few days, I've gotta say, you make me feel safe." I say, smiling at my big eyed friend.