fifty eight

-
Holly
-

"Would you rather... Be freezing cold for the rest of your life, or be boiling hot for the rest of your life?" Harry asks as he fiddles with the sunflower he just picked from the long green grassy ground.

"Uh," I bring my knees to my chest, assembling a new comfortable position on the grass. "Both would be annoying, but I'd probably say freezing cold. What about you?"

"Boiling hot. I already am, anyway." Harry jokes, raising his eyebrows with a funny smug look worn upon his face. I laugh at him. What a dork.

"Okay, my turn," I say, "would you rather have to watch High School Musical nonstop for the rest of your life, or listen to 'Baby' on repeat for the rest of your life?"

Harry laughs, "Ugh, dunno. Probably listen to 'Baby' for the rest of my life"

"Really? Didn't know you were a belieber!" I joke.

"Oh yeah, totally. The Biebs is, like, so perfect" Harry says, sarcastically. "Joking, haha. Listening to 'Baby' on repeat for the rest of my life would be terrible."

"I know you love me, I know you care, shout whenever-"

"Oh god." Harry chuckles, putting his hands to his ears.

I shuffle closer to Harry and start basically screaming the song in his face. He tries not to laugh but fails, causing me to laugh with him.

Today's the first day of a new life; and what a beautiful way to spend it. Harry and I found a plain meadow, and although plain, it looks absolutely mesmerising. The clean green grass stands tall as the growing bright yellow sunflowers hide behind them. The hot sun shines out over the horizon. There's no snow to be seen, even though it's the middle of winter. This heavenly place is peaceful beyond words. I love it.

Harry and I have been lazily sitting in the middle of the peaceful meadow for a few hours now, we've been talking deeply and before played a mini game of tag... It's nice to not have a care in the world, to not have a care about The Dollhouse. It's in the past and always will be.

"Okay, okay," Harry laughs, gently pushing me off of him. "Would you rather live in New York or live in Paris?"

"Ooh! Definitely Paris. I've always wanted to go to Paris."

"Me too. I've been to Paris before, it's lovely."

"You're lucky. I want to go to Paris, but I'm definitely never going to eat a snail" I say, making a disgusting face. Ew, snails. How could people even consume that?

"I've had snails before; they're pretty yuck. They taste, like, slimy, and mushy, and you can feel the disgusting grimy, gushy snail slither in your mouth"

"Ew! Stop!"

"Haha, just kidding. They aren't that bad."

The moment turns silent as Harry looks down at his hands and fiddles with the sunflowers and I stare into the blazing sun as it rather fastly begins to set. The sun never shines in London, so this is different and I love it, I love the feeling of the hot sun on my skin. I wish it'd stay forever.

"Hey," Harry whispers. I look up at him with a small smile on my face. "I made you a sunflower crown" He softly says.

Harry hands me a pretty but poorly made 'crown' made of lovely sunflowers. I giggle before placing the sunflower crown around my head.

"You look like a princess" Harry smiles as he adjusts the sunflower crown on my head.

"Princess of the Meadow!" I say in a strong tone with my hands on my hips. Harry laughs.

I pick out a long strand of grass and tie it to make it circular. I place it on Harry's head of curls.

"There! Prince of the Meadow!" I clap my hands excitedly.

"No sunflower?" Harry pouts.

I pick a sunflower out of the ground and place it behind Harry's ear.

Harry holds my hand, "Prince and Princess of the Meadow!"

Harry and I start to laugh really hard, and for no apparent reason, too. Laughter just randomly overpowers us in the nice moment.

The sun seemed to set extremely quickly, and soon enough, Harry and I's meadow was taken over by dark clouds and strong winds. Ugh, there's the usual London weather. For a few hours it's warm and lovely, then it suddenly turns windy and dark. Harry and I better start leaving now.

Harry lies down on the grass, "Ugh, sun's gone."

I lie down next to him, "We should probably start going soon, it's getting dark"

"You're right. We gotta find a place to stay, too."

I yawn, "it's been a long day. I just wanna sleep. I wanna sleep right here on the grass"

Harry sits up, "C'mon, we gotta get going"

"I'm too tired; I want to sleep here forever. Ugh."

"Come on, Holly" Harry stands up and puts his backpack on.

"The Princess of the Meadow demands to stay here!" I jokingly say, standing up.

"We'll come back again, don't worry." Harry smiles at me, holding my hand as we walk our way back to Main Street.

| 7:03PM |

Harry and I chose a nice place to stay for the time being, and I say 'for the time being' because the futures possibilities are endless, and Harry and I never stick to anything.

The place is really nice. The furniture is modern and black while the walls are painted a simple white. The crappy motel bed is replaced by a much more comfortable king sized bed with stripy black and white covers, and I'm mostly thankful for that. I hated that crappy motel bed, that's where I had my awful nightmare.

Harry's in the shower and I'm sitting on the bed, reading a copy of 'The Hunger Games' that Dakota gave to me a while ago.

I hear Harry's text message ringtone go off from the bedside table, and I can't help but look at the lit up iPhone screen.

Fear and anxiety take over me as soon as I see the Caller ID, but my frightful emotions don't stop there. As I read the text message, my heart sinks to the floor with the upmost fear I've possibly ever experienced.

And I thought the horror was over.

A/N: ooh cliffy