fifty three

-
Holly
-

I lye in my comfortable bed, wearing a pair of leggings and a grey hoodie, snuggling the blankets to my chest as I stare at the ticking clock on my bedside table. 11:55PM. Almost midnight, when I'm supposed to be meeting Harry out in the rose garden, according to Harry's note I received earlier today.

Harry's note isn't the only note I received today, I also received the mysterious and gut wrenching note from 'V,L,J' . I have no idea who this 'V,L,J' is, or who they are, but the thought of him, her, or they, makes me want to vomit from fearful anxiety. Even though I threw the note in the trash, I haven't been able to stop thinking about it, mostly because what the note says signals whoever wrote it obviously has connections with, or is, the killer in The Dollhouse... Or outside The Dollhouse.

All the girls are peacefully asleep, and it exhaustingly makes me tired. It's been a long day. A long, suspicious day. Talking about suspicion, I can't help but have an annoying voice in my head that repeatedly keeps warning me about meeting Harry out in the rose garden. I have so many things on my mind right now, I don't know what to focus on.

As the clock strikes midnight, I gently take the blanket off of me. I put on a pair of white converse before carefully tip-toeing out of the girls and I's bedroom.

I walk down the wooden stairs, and every step lets out a small squeaky creak. I hope I don't wake up the girls.

I slowly open the kitchen doors, and close them behind me. I flick on the light switch and the ceiling light enlivens.

I stand leaning against the kitchen bench, looking into the glass door in the small living room that brings you to the rose garden. All I see is pitch black and a little fog.

I get Harry's card out from my pocket, reading it over.

'Hello Darling.

Meet me outside at midnight. We really need to talk.'

Without hesitation, I walk into the small living room and walk straight to the glass door. I slowly push it open and step outside, closing it behind me.

I can barely see through the darkness of the night, the only light source I have is the bright full moon glistening small shining light across the horizon.

Apart from it being almost too dark to see, the snowy winter night is also freezing cold. I can feel the delicate snowflakes gently hit my skin. Every breath I take is transformed into fog. I dig my hands inside my pockets as I shiver and shiver in the cold air.

Two minutes pass and Harry still isn't here, so I decide to just take a stroll until I find him. I'm positive he'll come here, like he said. He always keeps his promises to me.

I walk in the cold night, my hands buried in my pockets as I blindly look for Harry, or, for at least a little dim of light to guide me out here.

Ten minutes into walking, I hear a rose bush shake, as if someone accidentally hit it or something.

"Harry? Is that you?" I turn around. No answer. Must've been a bird or something.

I keep walking, the rose garden is enormous, and also so very beautiful and elegant. With a water fountain, flowers, bushes, sculptures. All is very gorgeous. Even though I cannot see in the dark, I can still sense the beauty of the rose garden; it gives off a vibe.

There's close to absolutely no noise outside, it's just silence. It's really peaceful.

Suddenly, I can hear footsteps behind me.

"Holly." A stern British accent says. I think it's Harry. Finally.

I stop in my tracks and turn around, "Harry?"