sixty

-
Holly
-

From the moment I woke up a heavy sigh left my lips. Harry was sleeping peacefully by my side. He looked so beautiful, like he always does when he is asleep. His hair was untouched, his skin was outshining the gloomy skies of this particular winter morning, and his eyelashes were always mesmerising for me to stare at. They were so long and pretty.

I knew I couldn't just lye down in bed and stare at Harry, the morning hours were fading and I had a place to be and a person I needed to desperately speak with. So, with that, I hopped out of bed, got dressed and left the motel room. I left a note for Harry to know I went out, so he doesn't get worried. I didn't want to stir him up. Especially since I'm planning on confronting him about Lauryn later.

So, now, I walk at a steady pace through the quiet streets as rain pours down over me. I haven't felt this alone - and free - in a while. I like it.

As I cross the street to get to my destination, paranoia builds up inside me and unneeded thoughts battle in my head. The last thing I need to do is overthink. Overthinking always messes me up.

I open the door and step into the warm cafe - my destination. The reason I am here is because this is where Elsie works, as I learnt the other day, and I really need to speak with her. Last night Elsie left me with so many questions to ask about Harry, Lauryn, and basically everything.

I stand in the doorway of the cafe, still dripping wet from the heavy rain outside. There aren't a lot of people in here, only about five, including staff. I look around the cafe, searching for Elsie when a tap on my shoulder startles me.

"Relax," I turn around to see Elsie, "just me."

Elsie looks different to than she did yesterday. She's dressed in a plain white crop top and jeans, and she wears an black apron over her casual attire. Elsie's blonde hair is worn in her natural curls, and she's wearing only her red lipstick. A trademark of hers I've noticed ever since I met her as Zayn's doll.

"Um," I shyly put my hands in my jacket pockets, "I need to talk with you."

"Yeah, thought you would've wanted to talk." Elsie says, leaning on the doorframe.

"Not here. Somewhere private. I've got a lot to ask you."

"Here," Elsie grabs my hand, "follow me."

I follow Elsie to a door at the back of the cafe. Elsie opens the door and I am again greeted by the presence of pouring rain, but only the sight and fresh smell, as we're protected by a roof.

Elsie sits down on a chair and lights a cigarette as I stand there awkwardly. She's very intimidating. I don't know why.

Elsie holds out another cigarette to me, "you want a cigarette?"

"No. I don't." I reply.

"So?" Elsie breathes out smoke, "anything in particular you wanted to speak to me about?"

"Uh, yeah. You never really gave me an explanation yesterday as to why I shouldn't trust Harry and Lauryn."

"God," Elsie rolls her ocean blue eyes, "don't even get me started on Lauryn."

"I don't know much about her." I say, taking a seat on a wooden chair behind me.

"Well, she acts all fucking perfect. All pretty, and sweet, then she gets you. She turns on you. Harry's already interfered with her, he's a goner. You, well, just make sure you don't get anywhere fucking near her. She's not only cruel, but crazy intimidating." Elsie says, as she sits slouching on the chair whilst smoke passes her red lips.