twenty two

-

Holly

-

Harry and I stare at each other blankly, not believing what just happened. We kissed. I can't even believe it myself. The tension between us at this very moment isn't awkward, weird or uncomfortable, it's... Warming. Almost like that kiss was a sudden gift of forgiveness... Or it could be just one of Harry's ways of telling me to shut up.

The silence filling the air fades when were interrupted unexpectedly by Lola.

"Harry, can you please help us with something?" Lola asks Harry, plainly, with her arms crossed.

"Uh, o-okay" Harry says, not taking his eyes off me.

Harry leaves with Lola and I'm left alone, again.

There's really nothing to do in the dungeon. No TV, no board games, no music, no books, not even a toilet. But then again, it is a dungeon. The only thing I can really do in here is think or speak. The whole dungeon is soundproof because it's underground, and the only noise someone can make only echoes throughout the room for whoever that is in here to hear, and it's just me, and all I can think about is how amazing Harry's warm, cherry, plump lips felt pressed onto mine. How our faces were literally only inches apart that I could feel his hot breath tickle me. I really wonder why he even kissed me. He said he hated me... But I said I hated him, which I do, of course, but does he really hate me? What did I ever do?

| 2 Hours Later |

I'm still in the dungeon, sitting down on a small wooden plank, minding my own business, when I hear someone's footsteps. It can't be Harry though, because the sound of the footsteps sound like heels clicking against cold cement.

As the person gets to the last few steps, I see that it's Juliet. Thank god. Someone to keep me company.

"Hey, Holly" Juliet says to me.

"Hey," I reply, looking down at the floor, "why are you here?"

"Harry sent me to see what you were up to"

"Oh, well, nothing, literally nothing"

"That sucks. Were just having dinner now"

"Lucky, I'm starving"

"I feel terrible," Juliet says, frowning, "were up there eating and you're down here starving"

"You always could get me something to e-"

Juliet cuts me off, "Holly, I can't, Harry will go crazy"

"Ugh"

"Why are you in here, anyway?" Juliet asks.

"I don't know, actually, but I think it's because I told Harry I was scared of him"

"You told him that?" Juliet gives me a surprised look.

"Uh, yeah?"

"You've got guts, girl. I would never say that"

After Juliet says that, we go silent, until Juliet announces she has to go back upstairs.

"See ya, Holly, by the way, how long you in here for?" Juliet asks, standing on the last step.

"Um, not sure, hopefully not long"

"Alright, bye" Juliet waves before running up the stairs.

Well, I'm alone, again.

| 12:30AM |

It's passed midnight, and I'm awake. I should be sleeping, but where is there to sleep?! There's nothing but a wooden plank. And I don't call that a bed. I can't go to sleep, anyway, though, one, because I can't sleep on an empty stomach, and two, because it's just too creepy in here. All that guides me is a flickering, vanilla scented, half burnt candle that is on the wall next to the steps. And I even find that creepy.

I really need something to eat. I haven't eaten in over six hours! But I all I can do is complain, I can't get out of my cell to go get something, unless I attempt what Kylie did before she died; squeeze through the cell bars. I really, really want to. Like, really. But, I know I can't. What would Harry do? He got someone to kill Kylie when she escaped. But... Then again, I'm going to the kitchen, I'm not escaping.

After a few minutes of debating with myself, because I'm stupid and a risk taker, I decide I'll try and squeeze through the cell bars. I try, and I make it. It was hard, though, I have no idea how Kylie squeezed through.

Once I'm out of my cell, I grab the candle from the wall and start to make my way upstairs.

I open the dungeon door, quietly, but leave a few creaks behind. I start walking on my tippy-toes towards the kitchen, and once I make it in there, I feel like I'm on top of the world. Until...

"Holly?" Harry says, standing behind me. I silently curse to myself. Why am I so stupid?

"Uh, I"

"You were hungry, so you went through the cell bars, upstairs, now here"

"Um, how do you know?"

"I just do."

"I'm so sorry, I was just really hun-"

"Sit down" Harry tells me with no expression. I go to the nearest bench stool and sit down on it.

Harry starts opening cupboards and getting out everything he needs to make whatever he's making. Once he gets out everything he needs, I notice he's making tea.

"Here..." Harry gently gives me the cup of tea, and I flinch at the cups hot touch.

Harry comes around and sits on the bench stool next to me. He doesn't do anything, he just stares at me while I take a sip of the tea.

"Is there something on my face?" I ask Harry when I notice he's been staring.

"Just... Looking at you" Harry explains, and he turns his look away from me.

"Why?" I ask, looking down.

"Why what?"

"Why'd you do this for me?"

"What do you mean?"

"I thought part of my punishment was me starving"

"I felt nice"

"Oh, really?" I say sarcastically, putting on a little smile.

"What? You don't think I can be nice?" Harry chuckles lightly.

"You can be, sometimes" I admit.

"Then... Why are you scared of me?"

"I just..."

"There's no reason to be" Harry says.

"Maybe this is why" I pull up my shirt to show him my scar, from the time he stabbed me.

"Well, I'm sorry for, uh, that" Harry says with awkwardness.

"Yep, sure." I say, sarcastically.

"I am."

"Prove it?"

"Yeah? How?" Harry says, looking at me.

"Kiss me again"

"My pleasure." Harry says.

Harry presses his pink lips onto mine, and I get the same tingly feeling I did the first time we kissed, which wasn't even long ago, but ever since then, I've been thriving more and more for the passionate touch of his sweet lips, and now that I've once again received that warming touch, it's all I ever want to feel.

A/N: oh what happened there