ten

A/N: hi, so people have been asking if Holly and Harry will have romance sometime in this book. The answer is: YOULL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE!

-

Holly

-

The awkward sound of silence echoes throughout the bedroom. We are all just sitting down on our beds, doing nothing. Us girls will be alone for the day, Harry is running errands... Well, probably murdering innocent individuals to be more precise, but whatever, at least he's gone, because the little moments of freedom when Harry isn't in The Dollhouse, are the only cause of my happiness being here. Well, that and the girls I've come to be best friends with.

"We should do something" Evie announces, breaking the silence.

"Like what?" Lola asks from across the room.

"Play a sport? Or I don't know, play a board game?" The moment 'play a sport' leaves Evie's lips, my mood turns excited. I haven't done any source of physical activity since being in The Dollhouse.

"Let's play a sport!" I say, happily. A mixture of 'Yeah!'s and groans fill the air.

"We can play soccer out in the back?" Sarah suggests. We all agree, except for Lola and Liz, probably the laziest girls I've ever met.

| Outside |

"Where does Harry keep the sport equipment?" I ask, searching.

"Does Harry even own sport equipment?" Dakota says.

Luckily, Macy spots a soccer ball hidden in a bush.

"Okay, I've got a ball, let's play!" Macy says, running towards us girls.

~

We're on two teams of three: Macy, Juliet and I and Dakota, Sarah and Evie. Liz and Lola insisted on 'keeping score', basically using it as an excuse not to play.

We're down to whoever gets the last goal wins, and the girls and I are literally running like wildfire trying to aggressively kick the last goal. I end up having the soccer ball at my feet, I kick it to Juliet who kicks the winning score.

We all laugh and share our one true moment of happiness we've really had together in The Dollhouse. I high-ten Macy, who's doing a little 'victory dance' . Gotta love Macy.

Juliet runs up to me, screaming 'We won!' three times, enthusiastically. Juliet attempts to pull me into a hug, but I flinch and back away. Even though today has been fun and I've been friendly towards Juliet, AKA murderer, I'm not accepting a hug from her. Juliet's eyes fill with light tears as her expression turns defeated. Juliet runs inside.

"What's up with Juliet?" Dakota says, putting her arm around my shoulder as all the girls come to see what just happened.

"What isn't up with Juliet?" Lola adds, rolling her eyes.

"I-I dunno. I'll be right back" I say, before running back inside after Juliet.

| In The Bedroom |

I run into the room I'd expect to see Juliet in: the bedroom. And I'm right. Sitting on her neatly made bed is a sobbing Juliet. I walk over to her and sit down on her bed, putting my arm around her shoulder to comfort her.

"Juliet?"

"Don't fucking talk to me" Juliet says, anger boiling in her. I'm surprised to hear Juliet say that, she's never angry.

"Are you okay?" I ask Juliet, ignoring her rude previous statement.

"Does it look like I'm okay? All of you girls hate me for no reason!" Juliet looks down.

"We don't ha-"

"Yes, you do! You've been ignoring me all week!"

"Juliet..." After I say that, silence falls between us. But after a few minutes, Juliet breaks the silence.

"Do you trust me?" Juliet surprisingly asks. I don't know what to reply with. I don't even know if I trust her. I don't speak, I just sit there, fiddling with my fingers.

"Holly!" Juliet gently gets hold of my hands and makes me look at her, "do you trust me?" I just stare into Juliet's big, brown eyes, not bothering to reply.

"You've been a great friend, Holly. Thanks for betraying me" Juliet says, leaving the room.

I don't know why, but I feel frustrated and sad. Like Juliet really is hurt by everything that's been going on. Before I know it, tears start to well up in my eyes. What if Juliet is innocent?

I didn't know from the moment I first met Juliet that we'd form such a close friendship and have it abandoned by betrayal. I just didn't know it'd end up like this. I didn't know I'd end up... losing her.