Chapter seventeen- fireworks

Third person's view.

"That was a great song choice akane san" ryuiichi praised the said girl as she sat down beside inomata who sat beside ryuichi.

"Thanks" she said softly with a small smile, staring at the bonfire. Her thoughts swarm around the kiss she shared with a certain someone earlier.

"It's a shame that kamitani had to go home early.. he'll missed the fireworks" Ryuuichi said attempting to break the silence.

"Yeah.. ah! Ma-chan! I thought you stopped yato from drinking alcohol earlier" suiran said in a whining tone as she playfully leaned on the girl.

"Alcohol?.. ah! No no,we found out that it was actually that famous soda that smelled like one.. what was it called?"ryuuichi said with a laugh, turning to inomata. The said girl looking up to think about the name.

"Wait.. so he actually wasn't drunk!?" Akane said, her hands flew to her hair whilst her face grew different shades of red as the scene of earlier repeated and repeated.

"Yeah he wasn't" inomata replied with a confused look to her friend.

"Is there something wrong akane?" Ryuuichi asked in a worried tone seeing akane's flustered look.

"A-ah.. no its nothing" she replied with a nervous smile turning back to the bonfire.

"Where's the kids?" Akane said looking around realizing that all the kids were gone.

"The teacher's lounge. The school staffs are having a small celebration and they insisted on taking the kids there so we can have some fun here" Ryuuichi explained.

Akane nodded before staring back at the fire lost in thoughts.

"Everyone dont stray to far or you'll miss the fireworks!" One of the students from the student council said as a few students ran around to fix the fireworks.

Upon hearing this the students cheer in excitement. Ryuuichi smiled and even tho he was quiet about it, his eyes showed his excitement. Inomata was quiet with her stoic face but she sure is excited.

And akane. Her blood run cold. She quickly stood up ready to leave.

"Eh? Where'ya goin?" Yagi asked upon arriving with nezu by his side.

"O-oh.. im gonna go see if shiro's fine." She said with a smile pointing at a building before heading there in hurried steps.

"Akane! It's that way!" She stopped upon hearing yagi's voice .

She turned back with an embarrassed smile before letting out a chuckle and a small sorry. She quickly ran to the direction yagi pointed.

The office was close to the daycare. So she went to the daycare instead, the lights were off. The door was thankfully not locked so she entered the moonlit room. She stepped inside. And before she could open the lights her body froze as explosions were heard clearly from outside.

"Mommy i wanna watch the fireworks at the rooftops!" The little actress asked her mom as she tugged on her mother's dress.

"Honey it's dangerous.. just stay here and watch from the windows" she tried convincing her with a smile.

Akane's cheeks puffed up in annoyance but nonetheless listened to her mother. Her mother stepped back into the living room to continue her chats with her long time business partners that she invited for a small party in her house.